Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Rose Arden B&B(Hamilton)
US$93
US$137
Hotelpower.com
All reviewsthe club loungefood courtattached malljackson square mallart galleryconvention centercorner roomfarmers marketcomfortable bedsunderground parkingcopps coliseumper dayking roomdowntown areafront desk staffearly checkhot tub
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed here at the last minute due to impending bad weather (which didnt materialize)
The price for a week night in Feb with very low occupancy was 159. for the regular room. There was a $10 parking charge and a $10 charge for internet on top of that. Hello????? That is very excessive for Hamilton and I totally feel ripped off. Front desk service was poor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Trustmetotravel
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

I completely understand how you must feel when the forecasted big snow storm did not even happen and you paid for a downtown hotel guestroom. While it is true we offer advance booking pre-paid deals from time-to-time the charges are very standard as you describe them. I welcome the opportunity to provide better value should the opportunity present itself. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed in the hotel on business for three nights. Clean and convenient. The ground floor lobby hooks into a mall complex which is good and bad. Good as you can get a decent cup of coffee in the morning by strolling into the mall, and bad as vagrants jump off the bus in front of the hotel and walk through the lobby to the mall. Asa result some of the couches have been vandalized and the "feel' of the lobby diminished. The mezzanine level with the bar and restaurant is excellent. I really liked the menu, And three TV's, all on different sports channels - just the way I like it. Watching the Canucks thrash the Leafs. Overall the hotel is more of a 3.5 than a 4.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thanks for the Clean and Convenient review! I truly appreciate your comments and think you likely stayed late last year but kindly got to writing this review based on your excellent memory. The lobby sofas are new as of 3 months ago and yes someone did write on one of the older leather sofas with marker one day. I’m pleased you enjoy the restaurant and menu. We launched Color Your Plate Sheraton healthy menu options. The program was developed around Core Performance’s nutrition philosophy which suggests having a minimum of three colorful foods on a plate. Color Your Plate provides guests with balanced, nutrient-dense meals instead of eliminating or focusing on one or two food groups. Having a plate full of colors is a very simple, easy-to-understand approach to healthy eating. We also incorporated a $12 lunch menu – a big hit too. I’m confident this is in-part of what you are pleased about. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Despite living nearby, stayed overnight for a conference. Room was fine. That being said, this hotel does not seem to measure up to current standards for business travellers.

Given that the Internet has become somewhat of a necessity when travelling, not only for business travellers, but also for famillies, I was less than pleased when I discovered that the Sheraton charges for Internet access. I have been to very few hotels that have charged for Internet access - including hotels that would be classified in the "discount" category, which the Sheraton is not.

Secondly, and again, this has to do with extra charges, if you're in one of the conference rooms, and your laptop does not reach a power outlet, there is a charge (around $14.00) to rent an extension cord. Again, this is a business travelling first for me.

The message I received loud and clear was that business travellers are not valued. Drop these outrageous surcharges, then I would be willing to rethink my view.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LegalMineField

I absolutely value your comments and business travelers alike. The Link@Sheraton is our connectivity hub of our lobby experience, allowing guests to work, relax, socialize or grab a snack and there we offer complimentary wireless internet and also six computer stations with complimentary internet. It is true, in the guestrooms and meeting rooms we charge a nominal fee throughout eighteen story building so we can provide excellent internet service and bandwidth. Our preferred audio visual service supplier does provided (for a fee) a wide range of equipment and supplies to anyone of our 17 meeting rooms. Extension cords delivered, connected, taped-down and removed are also provided by them. Meeting facilitators may bring or arrange on-own any/or all supplies. Your comments are truly appreciated. Thank you!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

All in all this was a good hotel and I enjoyed my stay. The hotel does show signs of wear though. We stayed on the club floor and had a newly renovated room, but the sheets and window curtain had stains that were a little off-putting. The bed was very comfortable and the Club Lounge provided a tasty breakfast with quite a bit of variety. I would have liked to have wifi in my room, but as the Lounge had a computer, it wasn't a huge inconvenience.
I would recommend this hotel to other travelers coming to Hamilton.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and your helpful observations are appreciated!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

My room was a corner suite. We got it for a great price. Loads of space, and modernized. We had the VIP breakfast package which was delightful. Great hot meals and pleasant staff. I didn't use the gym or the pool, but I did walk through the space to have a look. Very nice! I will be sure to use the facilities in the future if I ever need to stay in Hamilton again. Oh! It's attached to the Jackson Square mall too, so it was perfect for last minute shopping (it's not the nicest mall.. Quite a few characters, but that's downtown Hamilton for you!). I would definitely recommend this place. It's very convenient, except for the one way streets.. GAH!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

The King Corner rooms are truly popular. Thanks for your review great review!