“OK Hotel!”

Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Unfortunately Sheraton Hamilton is not up to the standards expected from a Sheraton hotel! The room was outdated and the bathroom was 1980s style. the carpet seen better years as well. The room, bathroom and the beds were clean though.
none of our family liked the hotel and next time, will never stay here.

Room Tip: ask for a newly renovated room (if available)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thanks for your review. We have completely modernized guestrooms on 15 floors but it is true we have 3 floors remaining that are being renovated. These rooms are generally steeply discounted and sold through discount online booking channels. If you have the opportunity please call me directly at: 905-317-4510 as I truly want you to experience our new guestroom consistent with the latest Sheraton standards. Thanks for the cleanliness mention. We are proud of our 98% cleanliness LRA inspection score.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have stayed here several times. The bed linens, pillows and shower are wonderful. But, be aware that the front desk reception are not always helpful.
I arrived at 8 am to confirm my room for that night and request a quiet room, away from the sports teams that frequent this hotel. The front desk staff were very curt, disinterested, bordering on condescending. It is possible that this was the night staff and they were tired. However, I was the only guest in the lobby, so they did not appear to be busy. The only concession was to check my reservation and confirm that I was in a quiet area of the hotel. That was not the case.
When I returned at 5 pm, my experience was quite different. I reiterated that I was studying for an exam. Diego was very helpful and understanding of my need for quiet. He checked my room assignment and changed my room, placing me away from the pool level and the elevators. Although I passed folks with beer bottles in hand and several excited members of sports teams, the room was at the end of the hallway, with a lovely view.
I like this hotel, but at this price, the front desk might be more hospitable.

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best option, if they are available.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mycallingcard

I'm pleased you like our hotel and are we committed to elevate by providing more consistent, hospitable service. I’m proud to say that on Tuesday this week at the Hamilton Tourism Awards one of our front-line staff won the 2012 Front-Line Customer Service Representative of the Year award. This award recognizes front-line staff and servers who have demonstrated dedicated professionalism to their work and a genuine concern for the customer. They go “above and beyond” their regular duties to provide exceptional service. Thank you for your review and helpful comments that will be shared with associates during on-going training and coaching sessions. We care!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Had to be in town for a friend's wedding and got a group rate. When we checked, they gave us a double instead of theking room as reserved. Spoke to the front desk, he said they were 100% booked and nothing he could do. Reservations are merely request and they do try their best. He said he would leave a message for the manager. Next morning, not a word. Manager, Miss. Ong was not pleasant to deal with. I ask for a discount. Not budging. I stood my ground. I wasn't happy with the room: noisy a/c, poor tub drainage, terrible coffee. She finally offered a $20 credit with a sullen face.

I won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2012

Congratulations on your friends wedding! I’m terribly sorry for this unacceptable hotel experience. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss as your complete satisfaction is paramount. For your convenience, my direct number is 905-317-4510. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed here at the last minute due to impending bad weather (which didnt materialize)
The price for a week night in Feb with very low occupancy was 159. for the regular room. There was a $10 parking charge and a $10 charge for internet on top of that. Hello????? That is very excessive for Hamilton and I totally feel ripped off. Front desk service was poor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Trustmetotravel

I completely understand how you must feel when the forecasted big snow storm did not even happen and you paid for a downtown hotel guestroom. While it is true we offer advance booking pre-paid deals from time-to-time the charges are very standard as you describe them. I welcome the opportunity to provide better value should the opportunity present itself. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed in the hotel on business for three nights. Clean and convenient. The ground floor lobby hooks into a mall complex which is good and bad. Good as you can get a decent cup of coffee in the morning by strolling into the mall, and bad as vagrants jump off the bus in front of the hotel and walk through the lobby to the mall. Asa result some of the couches have been vandalized and the "feel' of the lobby diminished. The mezzanine level with the bar and restaurant is excellent. I really liked the menu, And three TV's, all on different sports channels - just the way I like it. Watching the Canucks thrash the Leafs. Overall the hotel is more of a 3.5 than a 4.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thanks for the Clean and Convenient review! I truly appreciate your comments and think you likely stayed late last year but kindly got to writing this review based on your excellent memory. The lobby sofas are new as of 3 months ago and yes someone did write on one of the older leather sofas with marker one day. I’m pleased you enjoy the restaurant and menu. We launched Color Your Plate Sheraton healthy menu options. The program was developed around Core Performance’s nutrition philosophy which suggests having a minimum of three colorful foods on a plate. Color Your Plate provides guests with balanced, nutrient-dense meals instead of eliminating or focusing on one or two food groups. Having a plate full of colors is a very simple, easy-to-understand approach to healthy eating. We also incorporated a $12 lunch menu – a big hit too. I’m confident this is in-part of what you are pleased about. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Despite living nearby, stayed overnight for a conference. Room was fine. That being said, this hotel does not seem to measure up to current standards for business travellers.

Given that the Internet has become somewhat of a necessity when travelling, not only for business travellers, but also for famillies, I was less than pleased when I discovered that the Sheraton charges for Internet access. I have been to very few hotels that have charged for Internet access - including hotels that would be classified in the "discount" category, which the Sheraton is not.

Secondly, and again, this has to do with extra charges, if you're in one of the conference rooms, and your laptop does not reach a power outlet, there is a charge (around $14.00) to rent an extension cord. Again, this is a business travelling first for me.

The message I received loud and clear was that business travellers are not valued. Drop these outrageous surcharges, then I would be willing to rethink my view.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LegalMineField

I absolutely value your comments and business travelers alike. The Link@Sheraton is our connectivity hub of our lobby experience, allowing guests to work, relax, socialize or grab a snack and there we offer complimentary wireless internet and also six computer stations with complimentary internet. It is true, in the guestrooms and meeting rooms we charge a nominal fee throughout eighteen story building so we can provide excellent internet service and bandwidth. Our preferred audio visual service supplier does provided (for a fee) a wide range of equipment and supplies to anyone of our 17 meeting rooms. Extension cords delivered, connected, taped-down and removed are also provided by them. Meeting facilitators may bring or arrange on-own any/or all supplies. Your comments are truly appreciated. Thank you!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

All in all this was a good hotel and I enjoyed my stay. The hotel does show signs of wear though. We stayed on the club floor and had a newly renovated room, but the sheets and window curtain had stains that were a little off-putting. The bed was very comfortable and the Club Lounge provided a tasty breakfast with quite a bit of variety. I would have liked to have wifi in my room, but as the Lounge had a computer, it wasn't a huge inconvenience.
I would recommend this hotel to other travelers coming to Hamilton.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and your helpful observations are appreciated!