“Great Location, helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Hamilton Hotel

Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Toronto, Canada
“Great Location, helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Hotel is a solid bet, very helpful front desk staff and if you are fortunate enough to have access to the lounge the staff and food are great. Breakfast in the lounge was well above expectations, typically in a Sheraton one gets fruit and pastries, here bacon and eggs are available.
If you are going to Copps centre the location does not get any better, (I was not but the hotel is a short walk to most of downtown.)
Inexpensive underground parking.
If you can get a high floor overlooking water it is a great view.
My only criticism is that the room had not been cleaned as well as it could have been. All the hard services were marked and it looked like they had not been cleaned for some time.
Despite this an over all good hotel.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking water
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 10izboy
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thanks for your “solid bet” review. We like to exceed expectations in the elite Club Lounge and thanks for pointing out our enhanced offerings. It is true, some of the new quartz / stone surfaces are showing watermarks. The supplier is looking into the cure.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
North America
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I liked this hotel. I was nicely welcomed at check-in and given a nice big room on the Club Floor with Lounge access which is open 24 hours! Parking was easy, plenty of it under cover. I ordered dinner through room service and I got a good meal, with a smiling server arriving within 20 minutes of my order. The wi-fi worked well, and the hotel was quiet and I slept very well. The bathroom was renovated and it came with a whirlpool tub. I go a nice breakfast in the Club Lounge the next morning, which had plenty of choices and efficiently run. I can't find anything negative to say about this hotel. Thank you Sheraton, see you again soon!

1 Thank Travellinggirl2010
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thanks for the excellent review.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We recently stayed here for one night (business). I just noticed on the hotel's tripadvisor page that we could have booked a second night for a 40% discount - if I'd known that I would have booked another night and just relaxed poolside!

Quick Tips: pick a room on a high floor, facing the water and book access to the club lounge.

I like this hotel for a number of reasons:
* The room was clean.
* I stayed in their Superior room, it had a very comfortable bed & comfortable pillows (I had my own pillow with me and didn't need to take it out of the suitcase)
* The room was in good shape and it was a good size and included a desk, a surface for my suitcase a couple bedside tables, and a good size closet.
* We had a high room facing the water, and enjoyed the view.
* The room was quiet
* The person who checked us in and out was pleasant to deal with.
* Pool was comfortable temperature with lots of windows

When we received the e-mail confirming our reservation there was an option to pay and extra $30 for a club level room - we tried to do this, but no room was available. When I spoke with the front reception they said that I could pay the $30 and have the options available to club rooms (access to a nice club lounge, free internet, breakfast in the club lounge). We did this and thought it was worthwhile. It was a nicely appointed quiet lounge.

Room Tip: High floor facing water has a good view. Also try to book club lounge access.
1 Thank Caanaadaa
Thank you for sharing your great experience and quick tips. Sheraton Club is truly excellent value!
Hamilton, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Hello Peter,

I must Thank You again for the wonderful stay my wife and I had on Wednesday evening our 24th Wedding Anniversary. The room was spectacular, the new modern renovations that were done have truly made the rooms remarkable. We had dinner in Chagall’s yesterday evening and it was delicious. I ordered the 10oz Striploin and it was delicious, I am a true critic and connoisseur and it definitely hit the spot along with the fresh baby carrots and Asparagus. My wife ordered the Fettuccine Pasta which was very tasty and served in a heaping dish which she couldn’t finish ( better for me! lol ) . Overall, Everything was excellent ! I will definitely recommend the Sheraton as the premier location to spend their wedding night after a long and tiring wedding day as we did 24 years ago.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We were so excited to know that you had stayed here on your wedding night and now again for your 24th anniversary! Again, congratulations! Thanks for the great review and recommendation too!
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I organised a conference at the hotel (just ended) and they really did go over and above. The food was great, staff friendly and accommodating and any (very minor) issues were quickly resolved. They worked closely with me to ensure that it would be a first class event and it was. There was a high degree of satisfaction among participants. Only thing lacking is that meeting rooms do not have windows, something several folk commented on.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thanks for the great review! We are committed to deliver complete satisfaction.
Princeton, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Pros: This hotel is much more attractive & comfortable than the hotel's own website suggests. The front desk staff are helpful. The rooms are pleasant. The bed was great for a sound night's sleep. Usually at hotels I sleep very fitfully, but not at the Sheraton Hamilton! The wifi worked well. I had a neat view of the lake.

Cons: Downtown Hamilton is depressed, and this hotel is stuck with that reality outside of it. The lobby, front desk, and 2nd-floor dining area and bar were HOPPING at midnight, which might appeal to some folks but I found jarringly loud when I needed to print out some work-related material late at night.

But all in all, the hotel experience is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank frenchturk
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
We are pleased you had a comfortable stay and look forward to your return.
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a dance competition at a high school. The hotel was just what we expected. The lobby and underground parking were clean and nice. Rooms were clean, quiet and beds comfy . Hallways were grubby and carpets stained. Pool/fitness area excellent and recently updated. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank travelmom2012
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you recommend the Sheraton Hamilton. It’s true we had a tough time keeping the hallways clean during the huge dance competition. Of course the housekeeping team did have them thoroughly cleaned. Thanks!