“Great experience”

WASS Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 1,411 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Experience a taste of Africa in downtown Hamilton, Ontario. The WASS Ethiopian Restaurant offers meals for vegetarians and meat lovers alike.
Reviewed November 11, 2017

Friday night out with friends - let the experienced staff look after you! Fun way to experience new food. Staff was helpful, food was pleasantly spicy, fresh roasted coffee to finish. Decor is tired.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

Date of Visit: Saturday Nov 4th ~8 PM

I love Ethiopian food! always have. It is my favourite international cuisine.

The mix of flavours and seasonings, are absolutely the most satisfying and intoxicating sensation any food can give.

I have been to many Ethiopian restaurants across Ontario - Toronto, Windsor, Kitchener, and more, and I have been to WASS many times.
Wass is my favourite Ethiopian restaurant - hands down.

The food is always exquisite. There is not a bad item on the menu. Everything is delicious and amazing. Some items are spicier than others, but just ask the staff, if spice is a concern for you.

If you have never had Ethiopian food before - it may be a challenge to know what or how to order. Do not be afraid to ask the staff at Wass for assistance. They are extremely friendly and want you to enjoy your meal. They will definitely help you with what to order, and how to enjoy.

The owner of this restaurant is AMAZING. every time we have been there when he was there, he floats from table to table to make sure everyone is happy and enjoying themselves. He truly loves what he does, and he really appreciates his customers.
The staff he hires also share in his passion because the service is always above par.
Having been there many times, I have NEVER had a negative experience.

It brings me such joy when we go to WASS. If it was closer to my home, I would probably be there at least once a week.

Platters are intended to share, so wash your hands, and dig in and enjoy a great meal with your family or friends.
Wass will NOT disappoint,

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We visited this restaurant with friends this weekend and were not sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised by the great food with such variety. The host was eager to help us pick the right dishes and we ended up with the veggie and meat platter. It was great, lots of variety and choices. The food was a bit spicier than expected but we really enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Maybe I ordered incorrectly. I had the vegetarian platter for $14, I'm not sure if that was more for sharing. It was a big portion but I felt some parts were flavourful but other parts not so much. Also I felt like the menu lacked selection. There was one waitress but while she was friendly, I did feel like it took a while. We had water in our table, maybe it would have been better to leave a pitcher of water at our table. I tried a piece of my friend's lamb dish. I was glad I didn't order that since it seemed a little gamely flavour? I mean I like fresh lamb a lot, but this had an after taste.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

It usually starts with the very friendly people who own and run the restaurant, then the food. It is completely different from anything North Americans are used to, but absolutely wonderful. The flavours of the Doro Wat, with all of the berbere spices, the different types of lentils, vegetables and salad, to the wonderful Shiro Wat. Just be careful that it isn't too hot!! All eaten with injera- the flatbread that is so different from anything else.
A must try place for anyone looking for something new.