“Great place to spend a Saturday night!”
Review of Stonewalls

Stonewalls
Ranked #275 of 1,476 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ray Street
Transit: Located at the corner of York and Queen Street.
Description: Very interresting place for downtown Hamilton; good food, open oven cooking, good entertainment. Worth a visit if in Hamilton
Reviewed November 20, 2017

My wife and I went to see a cover band (Blue Radio). The band was excellent but the service was excellent. Our server was Helena but everyone contributed to the evening and were quite involved in making the evening a success. The manager Dennis Mahoney-Bruer was attentive and friendly.
The food was excellent and we were not rushed. Would return again.

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Checked out Stonewalls for a friend's birthday. Our party was approx 15 ppl, so management was helpful with the cover charge ($10 for the band). They set us up right in the middle of the place, great view. We shared a few appetizers, boneless chicken bites, garlic bread and spinach dip. I was really impressed, especially the chicken bites. The drinks (pints) in my opinion were a tad expensive, ($7.50 - Stella) but none the less service was pretty good, no complaints. The band playing was called Aeroforce, an Aerosmith cover band, they were great, sounded good and had the act down good. My only complaint is that it became more of a concert with how loud it was, (call me old) it made conversation not really possible. Overall it was a good visit, I think I'll be back soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

My wife bought some coupons on WagJag for dinner & show for 4 people. The coupons were worth about $25 per person. There was a Disco Review band playing on stage. The coupon specifies that it is a ‘special menu’ that you order from not their usual menu. We were seated immediately by Ellie who took great care of us all evening. The menu consisted of 3 appetizers but each serves 2 people. Humus with flat bread, Spinach Dip with nacho chips or soup. We ordered Humus & Spinach Dip. Both were tasty but certainly not big enough for sharing. Entrees were a ‘special salad’, Pasta, Chicken Schnitzel or Basa. The chicken came with Spatzle which was tasteless, the Pasta came in a bowl that I’d usually use for soup but was good & the Basa was served with a scoop of potato & some vegetables. Although, like the pasta, the taste was good, I’ve had larger TV dinners @ $2.99. Everyone agreed that all of the dishes were medium warm when delivered. We have eaten at Stonewalls in the past, ordering from the menu & had absolutely no complaints. Ellie was very gracious & offered me something extra which I declined. She was quite willing to ‘make it right’ however that shouldn’t have been necessary. The band that was playing was very good & we enjoyed that part of the evening. We won’t hesitate to return to Stonewalls but never again on a WagJag.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

First visit, sat outside, very slow service, restaurant was very busy and appeared to be very understaffed, tried the roast beef grilled steak, interesting, tasty but very greasy, different varieties of beer to chose from. Found the cost of the meal, for the grilled cheese, single fish and chips with fries, one beer and a glass of wine, tax, tip in @$70 to be overpriced

Reviewed September 1, 2017

This was our first visit to Stonewalls .. and it won't be our last. The decor makes one feel very comfortable and with the relaxed atmosphere, this is a great eating place for a family or group outing. Our server was very nformative in regards to the menu and her warm demeanour made us feel welcome. My wife and I enjoyed the chicken schnitzel, however, one of our party was not that pleased with the pasta dish. All in all, not a bad place to dine out in.