“Just ok”

Ranked #9 of 1,352 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

So it's a super casual restaurant where the staff are amazing!! The service is perfect,and helpful in understanding the chalkboard menu. I was expecting a mind blowing food experience and for me it just wasn't. It was just good. We ordered "pig face" which was a deep fried "something" I mean it was good but all I tasted was egg salad (which was underneath). The kimchi shrimp was a punch of spicy flavor... my fave of the night. I was super excited about the best ever grilled cheese but it came with pork inside and i was hoping for an explosion of cheese so I wished I tried the Mac and cheese instead. My hubs had the bone marrow and said it was good but I was not a fan. The rabbit gnocchi was very rich but also good. I guess for me when I go to a new restaurant I look for what would I come back here for because it was that good and I can't say I would crave any one of those dishes. I am glad I ate there and tried it but it was just good. Good luck to the wonderful staff!

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here for a spur of the moment early dinner and were so glad we did. It's a small, eclectic space with a trendy vibe. The kitchen is open to the dining area and you can chat with the friendly chefs if they are not too busy. Our server gave us some great pointers but even then it was hard to narrow down our choices to just three or four dishes. We tried the conch ceviche, the Caesar salad, the Lamb Tartiflette and a rabbit gnocchi. All four dishes were absolutely delicious. It's definitely a casual sort of place but the food is outstanding and we can't wait to return to try some of the other dishes.

Reviewed April 16, 2017

Dropped in for a bite the other night and stayed for more than a bite.
This is all about a lot of little bites! Paul extended a warm greeting at the door and we felt right at home.
We started with The Chicken liver Brulee - really tasty with a crispy candied crunch on top - it is served in a small ramekin; one is more than enough, served with slices of fresh bread.
Moved on to the Conch Cheviche - really thinly sliced with peppers and a tasty vinaigrette; perfect!
Next was the Octobelly - Pork Belly with octopus with a bean sauce. Really nice.
Finally, Brussels and Bacon - grilled and different.
We finished with the Lemon Cheesecake - a real treat and very lemoney, (if that's a real word?)
Overall an awesome meal - we'll be back for sure! This place is Killer!

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

We went out with visiting family to take a break from our own kitchen and left more than satisfied by our experience at this restaurant. The quality and care of each course was evident throughout our Chef's Choice selections. Each seemed to build on the previous round, building to a wonderful climax of an exceptional chocolate ganache dessert. The chef is to be commended and certainly lives up to his reputation and accolades. The staff was knowledgeable and attentive. An exceptional meal within our top 10 globally, making me proud to have such am experience in my hometown.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Delicious tapas at downtown Hamilton restaurant. Love the casual ambiance and the black board menu but most of all the delicious and unique dishes that are great for sharing. There were three of us and we tried six dishes - wonderful way to taste your way through dinner. Service was attentive without being intrusive.