“Adventurous dining ”

Rapscallion Rogue Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Rapscallion Rogue Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,492 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

I went there with my wife and daughter. We loved every things about this place. The menu is written on the blackboards and on the window, no formal menue cards. Our host Paul was very hospitable and patient and answered all of our questions about items of the menue and recepies and Birds group of restaurants.
You can find all types of unusual foods with an special twist: gnocchi with rabbit, roasted bone marrow, halloumi tikka masala, beef cheek, chicken liver brulee and more.
This is a place for food adventurers.
We will go there again for sure.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed yet another great evening at Rapscallion last night. Paul and his team were on their A game. The menu is always creative. We enjoyed all the great food groups, Chicken liver, Oxtail, Pig face, and Rabbit with a nice Amarone. Thanks KB for making the call!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

So it's a super casual restaurant where the staff are amazing!! The service is perfect,and helpful in understanding the chalkboard menu. I was expecting a mind blowing food experience and for me it just wasn't. It was just good. We ordered "pig face" which was a deep fried "something" I mean it was good but all I tasted was egg salad (which was underneath). The kimchi shrimp was a punch of spicy flavor... my fave of the night. I was super excited about the best ever grilled cheese but it came with pork inside and i was hoping for an explosion of cheese so I wished I tried the Mac and cheese instead. My hubs had the bone marrow and said it was good but I was not a fan. The rabbit gnocchi was very rich but also good. I guess for me when I go to a new restaurant I look for what would I come back here for because it was that good and I can't say I would crave any one of those dishes. I am glad I ate there and tried it but it was just good. Good luck to the wonderful staff!

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here for a spur of the moment early dinner and were so glad we did. It's a small, eclectic space with a trendy vibe. The kitchen is open to the dining area and you can chat with the friendly chefs if they are not too busy. Our server gave us some great pointers but even then it was hard to narrow down our choices to just three or four dishes. We tried the conch ceviche, the Caesar salad, the Lamb Tartiflette and a rabbit gnocchi. All four dishes were absolutely delicious. It's definitely a casual sort of place but the food is outstanding and we can't wait to return to try some of the other dishes.

Reviewed April 16, 2017

Dropped in for a bite the other night and stayed for more than a bite.
This is all about a lot of little bites! Paul extended a warm greeting at the door and we felt right at home.
We started with The Chicken liver Brulee - really tasty with a crispy candied crunch on top - it is served in a small ramekin; one is more than enough, served with slices of fresh bread.
Moved on to the Conch Cheviche - really thinly sliced with peppers and a tasty vinaigrette; perfect!
Next was the Octobelly - Pork Belly with octopus with a bean sauce. Really nice.
Finally, Brussels and Bacon - grilled and different.
We finished with the Lemon Cheesecake - a real treat and very lemoney, (if that's a real word?)
Overall an awesome meal - we'll be back for sure! This place is Killer!