“Third time at this restaurant...great experience every time”

Rapscallion Rogue Eatery
Ranked #23 of 1,271 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Tapas style serving...the best thing on the menu is the chicken liver brûlée followed by the must have bone marrow. This is the third time I've been there in the past two years and I have had memorable experiences.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We were visiting Hamilton from Toronto as my daughter is in university at McMaster. When we arrived we looked through the window and thought we were walking into a cafe. After sitting down I was taken with the low key vibe and diverse menu hand written on all the glass surfaces. We order 9 items for 4 of us and they came to the table as they should be eaten... Everything was delicious and built on the next item as the sauces got thicker and more flavorful. We had the 3 item Charcuterie, Steak Tar tar, beet salad, cool beans, oxtail, rabbit Gnocchi, Rabbit #2, and bother desserts. The offering is tapas style and shared with all. While the dishes dont look large we were quite full by the end. I will return to taste the other half of the menu.....

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The is our second time at this restaurant. Went with a couple of friends that had never been. Tapas style menu written on blackboards. Service was incredible, food, well all I can say is wow! Yes it is tapas style, small portions so you order many different things . Each item we had was incredible! Chicken liver brulee, Beef cheeks, best grilled cheese ever (it was), rabbit gnocchi, shrimp Kam chi, a rabbit dish stuffed with sausage and rolled in bacon, flap jacks with pork belly, crispy pig face and an incredible chocolate bar dessert. Everything we had was to die for! Loved everything. ..what a perfect night! They do not disappoint here!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We had 2 couples and we allowed the waiter to order for us. Everything was delicious, feom the pork belly to the rabbit. I would highly recommend that you do order 2 tapas per person to start and if you need more order whatever you enjoyed the most.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I went there with my wife and daughter. We loved every things about this place. The menu is written on the blackboards and on the window, no formal menue cards. Our host Paul was very hospitable and patient and answered all of our questions about items of the menue and recepies and Birds group of restaurants.
You can find all types of unusual foods with an special twist: gnocchi with rabbit, roasted bone marrow, halloumi tikka masala, beef cheek, chicken liver brulee and more.
This is a place for food adventurers.
We will go there again for sure.