“Flat white almost as good as Australia”
Review of Cannon Coffee Co.

Cannon Coffee Co.
Ranked #1 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Hamilton
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown Hamilton
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Good coffee. We had a flat white and an Americano. Both of us liked it and would go back. Friendly staff. They need air conditioning though, was boiling in there. I'd recommend this place for coffee.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Just put onto it by a friend. Location oK but coffee so much better than anywhere in town. Very small but the tables turn over quickly, so no long waits during my two visits so far.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

A very good brunch option, with very tasty savoury waffles with avocado, sweet potatoes and balsamic vinegar and excellent coffee. Also sweet waffle and other brunch options.

1  Thank RandCPC
Reviewed April 6, 2017

As someone who sews, I spend a lot of time on Ottawa Street but had never been to The Cannon until a few weeks ago. I've been back twice since (and wasn't even shopping for fabric!). The place is a bit grubby and cramped inside but their service, friendliness and the amazing coffee and baked goods far outweigh that! Their flat white rivals that of Detour in Dundas and their scones are fantastic. The meal menu is quite limited and I'm not all that wild about waffles (I can make 'em quite easily at home) but for a great "coffee and a treat" place, it is one of the best.

Reviewed March 21, 2017

We were hoping for some waffles when we arrived mid-week at 7 a.m., but the waffles start at 8 a.m. We had to be on our way so we sat down for a freshly brewed and flavourful coffee. The donuts and muffins were very good! Indulgent treats, but so full of flavour and goodness. And there is a lightness to the muffins that you'll never find at a fast food place. We'll be checking it out for the waffles soon. Hip atmosphere, really hitting the mark in the revitalizing of Ottawa Street. A bit cramped when they are busy, but I'd say worth it.