“Spectacular menu choices, wonderful service, superb atmosphere”
Review of Radius

Radius
Ranked #28 of 1,409 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$8 - US$37
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Augusta
Transit: HSR stop immediately in front of restaurant on James Street. Hamilton GO station one block North.
Description: Radius offers handcrafted foods prepared by our Chop Canada winner Chef Carter and features the fresh produce and fine meats of many local farmers including our very own Radius Farms in Carlisle. We are thrilled to be able to serve you in a lovingly restored historic building once occupied by Isaac Buchanan, one of Hamilton's great innovators of the 1800's. Our space features original 16' tin ceilings and exposed brick and is adorned with artwork from Hamilton's great artist community. In the summer our multilevel patio with a natural stone waterfall and lush plants creates an oasis in the heart of Hamilton to escape to. We are pleased to host your next special event including corporate affairs, special occasions and weddings. At Radius we love local and we hope you do too!
Reviewed October 31, 2016

We went as two couples before a concert in Hamilton and it set the tone for an amazing evening. Great food, really attentive and friendly service. Try a few things, there are so many choices, and all of them excellent. We had goat cheese spring rolls (amazing!), beet salad, tomato soup, mussels, halibut, beef short rib, pork chop and finished with a deconstructed banana split. A great vibe at this restaurant.
Jayke Carter, the chef, won Chopped Canada. A super nice guy (he came to our table to say hello). So much fun and great food = good times! Great wine list, too. Everyone around us was also having a great time at Radius.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

We went for dinner this summer with a gift certificate. Our server was very good. I ran restaurants for the first 13 years of my career and this woman was excellent! My lamb shank and couscous was absolutely delicious. My husband is an excellent cook and we both felt the duck was too rare. However the rest of his meal was delicious. We were fortunate that the two for one drinks on the deck and the jazz were on that night. It was an added bonus.

Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

The food was OK, but the service was the thing that annoyed me. They messed up one of our parties meals, then expect a standard 18% tip.
Why should I give the barman 18% just for handing me a drink and doing his job?
I refuse to pay that level of tip, and expect the restaurant to pay the people correctly.
Please join me in a revolt against tipping terrorism.

4  Thank Abstract1203
Reviewed October 2, 2016

The atmosphere when you walk in is pretty nice, you can tell the building has seen a lot of history. Food was tasty, had an absolutely mouth-watering burger (I think it was the Smoked Surf Burger) with some Crostini appetizers. The server was polite, but the food took awhile to arrive. Still, if you've got time to spare its a pretty decent spot to go for lunch if you're downtown.

Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

Food was okay although service was delayed. Wine prices are ridiculous. Can't they have a decent 8 Oz red and white house wine that doesn't leave me feeling totally ripped off. Six ounces is pinty. I watched the waitress pour 6 Oz of overpriced wine behind the bar using a shotglass. Yikes. Won't go back. Neither will the friend who joined me for dinner. I live within walking distance of this place but with so many other restaurants in the area it was a disappointment.

2  Thank Jan K