“Came for lunch ”

Ranked #13 of 1,254 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$10 - US$13
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Brew Pub
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Came here on a day trip to Hamilton. My friend and I spilt two hamburgers. We got the Special burger that had an egg (the breakfast burger was no longer available) and The Hawaiian. The beef patty was very good. Thick and juicy. We also got the garlic fries for an extra $2.80 and it came with 3 sauces. I really liked how fresh the herbs were for the fries. We also added $1 for the salad. The salad was fresh and we got healthy greens. It is more pricy but I am willing to pay this because the entire balance was good. The fries was nice and crispy and I can't say enough how I liked the herbs. The salad was fresh. The burgers were huge and the meat was juicy.

There are newer reviews for The Ship

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Will be back! Amazing grub. Herb fries were killer! Great service. Gf had fried chicken, omg succulent​. Eat your heart out kfc! I had chicken club absolutely decadent. Win win people!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Felt like a meal that could be found on a t.v show featuring restaurants. Deep fried pickles are so yummy. The burger was huge and so generous. The herb fries are so tasty and flavorful! I typically don't like fries because I find them bland but I could not stop eating these ones. The dips that accompany it are really good too. The cobb salad is very big and has a nice addition with the pickled onions. The avocado dressing is light and creamy. I added fried chicken which was a little disappointing, sort of bland so I would pass on that the next time. The staff are all so happy and kind. Clearly a good work environment which speaks volumes to me too! Cute patio at front and back. Make sure to head there early and get your name in as there seemed to be a 30 min wait but it is definitely worth It! We will be back and look forward to trying more on the menu.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

great beer, and by far the best vegan burger ever tasted. Quinoa and black bean burger with a nice crispy outer layer. Good selection of craft beers on tap and in can. The patio in back was very nice, but i have seen nicer, i think they could spruce it up a bit, but still a decent atmosphere. Service was great!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

The Service - When we went to the ship, it was fully booked. There was no problem - the server told us how long it would take and asked for our number to text us. Sooner than she anticipated, an outside table had opened up.

The great service continued when we started to eat. The rain started, and the hostess approached us asking if we wanted to stay on the waitlist to get an inside table. (The rain wasn't very heavy, and we had an umbrella, so it was ultimately unnecessary, but very kind of her to ask)

The Food - Two Big Smokes (with sweet potato and normal fries) and the fried catfish were ordered. The fish was nothing special, but the burgers and fries, they were delicious.

The burgers were massive, covered in a generous slice of provolone, 2 REAL slices of bacon, 2 huge and mild onion rings, lettuce and tomatoes. It was so large it was held together by a stick. Additionally, the burger itself was freshly made and so tender it fell apart in your mouth.

The plain fries were fantastic, double fried and peppered, they were thick cut without being soggy. The sweet potato ones were also delicious, served with a type of spicy sauce that complimented them perfectly.

I would definitely go back.