“Huge portions with unique flav!”

Charred Rotisserie House
Ranked #11 of 1,475 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I went for lunch here. The menu was a quick read, and if that doesn't work for you its on the wall. My sandwich was huge lite in flavour. And my partner had the rotisserie chicken and we both shared the ceaser salad. It was nice. The atmosphere brought back the bistro. All in all the food was good but yet not exciting... the high light was "the pie" amazing great crust and a perfect mix. (what we had was the Rhubarb and Raspberry)... we would go there again for pie anytime!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service was really good but I didn't find the food was anything special and it is definitely over priced. The chicken is pretty dry and it's flavourless. For a place called "Charred" with a big charcoal BBQ you would think the meat would have had at least some kind of charred flavour and at the minimum be hot when it arrives at your table.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

To be fair, we ordered delivery, so that may have made a difference. Chicken had good flavor but it was dry. I expected the sauce to be hot, but it was cold, so dipping hot chicken in a cold sauce didn't work for me. Also expected the sauce to be thick, but it was kind of watery. While the roast potatoes tasted really good, they sat in a LOT of oil.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Stopped in yesterday for an early dinner while at Supercrawl. Server Nathan was personable, attentive and professional. The food was perfect. I can still remember the moment I tasted the chicken, I thought, "wow, this is delicious". Caesar salad, fries, roast potatoes, all done to perfection. Didn't catch the owner's name but he was genuinely interested in his customers and a gentlemen. The garment industry's loss, our gain. So good. Will return when we're back in the Hammer. Well done!

Reviewed August 29, 2018

WOW, my wife was whining about the walk to this place. It was a bit of a walk, I must admit. Holy Smokes the chicken was frigging awesome, charred crispy, moist right up there with best chicken in town. The fries were fantastic. The fries were thin and crispy, just sooo good. I am glad I ordered the half chicken dinner. I was not crazy on the Piri Piri sauce, but the chicken stands on it's own merit. The Portuguese are the kings of BBQ chicken is all I can say. My wife had the Brisket sandwich it was really, really good. There is not a huge selection but what is there is off the charts so good. The owner is a heck of a nice guy. Great place