“2nd Time's a Charm”

Ranked #10 of 1,490 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Came here on a Wednesday night to celebrate my partner's son's birthday. I had been here a long time ago and had left being underwhelmed.
First off the person who was serving us was great, very enthusiastic, helpful and fund to deal with.
My partner went with the Chicken Soup ($11.00) which she quite enjoyed. It was Piri Piri Chicken Noodle Soup with cilantro. It was a good size and had lots of noodles and chicken.
The son and I went with the Brisket Sandwich ($12.00), and the son added a side of fries ($5.00). It was incredibly delicious, and the two dipping sauces were heavenly. I was super impressed and would come back just to have this meal again.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went for lunch here. The menu was a quick read, and if that doesn't work for you its on the wall. My sandwich was huge lite in flavour. And my partner had the rotisserie chicken and we both shared the ceaser salad. It was nice. The atmosphere brought back the bistro. All in all the food was good but yet not exciting... the high light was "the pie" amazing great crust and a perfect mix. (what we had was the Rhubarb and Raspberry)... we would go there again for pie anytime!

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

The service was really good but I didn't find the food was anything special and it is definitely over priced. The chicken is pretty dry and it's flavourless. For a place called "Charred" with a big charcoal BBQ you would think the meat would have had at least some kind of charred flavour and at the minimum be hot when it arrives at your table.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

To be fair, we ordered delivery, so that may have made a difference. Chicken had good flavor but it was dry. I expected the sauce to be hot, but it was cold, so dipping hot chicken in a cold sauce didn't work for me. Also expected the sauce to be thick, but it was kind of watery. While the roast potatoes tasted really good, they sat in a LOT of oil.

1  Thank emancipatedlady
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Stopped in yesterday for an early dinner while at Supercrawl. Server Nathan was personable, attentive and professional. The food was perfect. I can still remember the moment I tasted the chicken, I thought, "wow, this is delicious". Caesar salad, fries, roast potatoes, all done to perfection. Didn't catch the owner's name but he was genuinely interested in his customers and a gentlemen. The garment industry's loss, our gain. So good. Will return when we're back in the Hammer. Well done!

Date of visit: September 2018