“All around, good to great, but not memorable.”

Acclamation's Bar & Grill
Ranked #355 of 1,409 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Hamilton
Reviewed January 29, 2017

I've been here twice, and for the life of me, I can't remember what I had either time. If you look at my other reviews, that's normally not the case.
Everything here was just average. I have no complaints as I would remember not liking the food, or the staff or the whole experience, so I nothing bad to say, but at the same time, I have nothing to rave about, and I love raving about food.

I do get the impression that the staff feels the same way. No one seemed to be excited to be there, or to have us there, but they didn't obviously hate being there either.

With all the incredibly memorable places to eat in Hamilton, and espeically this downtown/north end area of Hamilton, I think Acclamation needs to do something to make them stand out.

Reviewed December 12, 2016

I have to say I was excited to give this place a try, but was unfortunately let down.

We had a party of 24 people for a Christmas function. Before you start thinking "well it's a small place, that's a lot of people to accommodate, etc etc" ...we booked our party a good month in advance AND we pre-ordered all our appetizers, meals, and desserts over a week prior to our reservation so there were no surprises.

We arrived and the place had maybe 2 customers in the main restaurant, around 6:30pm. Our party sat in the spacious hall downstairs. We sat down and ordered drinks around 7:15, and then we waited for the appetizers to come out. We noticed there was only one server who was taking care of us - didn't think anything of it at the time. Our appetizers arrived and they were quite good. We sat for quite a while before our dinners started to be served. Long enough that I think almost everyone at that table made a comment.

Once the main meals started to come down, the server who was taking care of us was bringing down dishes one at a time, and started serving one side of the table first. She knew everyone's orders which was nice, but it really did take a LONG time to serve us. I was on the side that was served first, and one of the last (on that side) to get my main dish. By the time I was done, the people who were sitting across from me STILL had not received their meal.
Our server (and one other girl who we saw occasionally) was clearing our plates before our family members on the other side of the table had even received their meals.
As a side note - I had the seafood papardelle with a red sauce. It was good! Nothing to complain about at all. My boyfriend had the steak with the egg on top and he enjoyed his as well. The fries were REALLY good!
A good number of people in our party ordered the chicken alfredo penne and not one of those people finished it. I didn't have a chance to taste it, but apparently it was not good at all. Another in our party received a cold dish - but the staff promptly had the kitchen re-make it and serve it very hot.

We did not have the dessert, but we heard some good things about it.
Overall, I was really not impressed with this restaurant. I would have 100% been more understanding if we just walked in to the restaurant and expect to be served, but we ordered far enough in advance that there should not have been this much of a lag in our service.

The food was pretty good and the atmosphere was really nice! Unfortunately, Acclamation did not make repeat customers of us.

Reviewed November 12, 2016

As soon as you enter this estalishment you can see happy customers enjoying different dishes with gusto. The menu has an ample variety of Mediterranean specialities and the service is friendly and attentive. We asked for the Cuban special menu and ordered tipical food that we enjoyed in other cuban restaurants. The dishes served in Acclamation's were extremely generous in size and instead of just eating dinner we had a delightful culinary experience. The wine and water were served in beautifully designed glasses, the expresso was the way it should be. Excellent food served in a good taste environment. I will definitely go back and sample the other appealing items on the menu. Bon appetit!

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

Quiet, intimate and delish ☺
We enjoyed our dinner of chicken and chirizo and seafood pasta.
Finished off with fresh brewed coffee and blueberry creme Brule mmmm

Reviewed September 1, 2016

Went as a party of 15. Cold mediocre food, friendly but slow service and they tried to charge us for 3 people that did not show up. I could understand if it was preordered meals but it was just off the menu. NO reason to try to collect on meals not even ordered.