“It is - Worth the drive to Rockton :-)”
Review of Cookhouse Bistro

Cookhouse Bistro
Ranked #48 of 1,490 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Spotlessly clean and tidy, the setting is a bit like stepping back in time AND the food is really good. We were there for lunch and it was a delightful dining experience - the burgers (both beef and turkey avail) and fries are fresh. Specials are offered every day. As well the menu offers many other interesting options.
Fresh backed pies for desert. The coconut cream pie is to die for - I'd go back for that alone!
Reservations are recommended.

Also a lovely pottery/gift shop a short walk down the road.

4  Thank CathP027

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went to this restaurant with my husband, brother and sister-in-law. Had a wonderful meal, starting with the best french onion soup that any of us have every had then onto our main course of salmon, fish * chips and filet and the chicken in a pot. We all so enjoyed our meals. The taste was excellent and the service impeccable. Could not have asked for anything more. Cannot wait to go back. Excellent and can not say enough good things about the place.

The Dunns & Wagners

2  Thank Hotmodel7411
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Service was excellent. My partner had the ribs, he says they were average, the sauce on them was mediocre and was so strong it overwhelmed all the food on the plate. We ordered the sautéed onions as a side and sent them back. They were chewy and rubbery, as though it was an onion well past it's prime. At almost $3 for an onion I expect spectacular!

For vegetarians there really isn't much choice. There is pasta which I couldn eat due to a mushroom allergy. There are mushrooms in many of the dishes. I ended up ordering the garlic bread appetizer so I had something to eat. As I spent the rest of my evening drinking scads of water, I suspect the salt content is rather high.

Due to lack of menu choices for me and my partner's lukewarm response to the ribs, we won't be back.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

A cozy, relaxed atmosphere with great service and delicious platters and the dessert, To Die For...... hhmmm. Whether you are eating fish or chicken, both our plates were well presented, filled us up and topped it up with dessert and drinks.

1  Thank sugarlipsinfo
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This quaint little restaurant in Rockton, is a hidden gem. well worth the day trip. call ahead, as it is small and you may have to reserve a table. The steak and seafood dish is to die for, with fried mushrooms, twice baked potatoes and the parmesan baked tomatoes melt in your mouth, and let's not even get me started on the appetizers, the bruschetta and the garlic breads are finger licking good. I have only once had room for desert, so I can't say much about them, but seeing what other people have had, they too look amazing. I can't wait to go again.

1  Thank cattracer