“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #450 of 1,494 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 27, 2017

Went for brunch with my son, who is studying at McMaster. He has been many times with his friends. I saw the rating on Trip Advisor and wasn't keen and looked for other options. Decided to give it a try and our meal was good, the service was pleasant and fast and the price was reasonable. I would recommend this place to anyone. It deserves more than the 3.5 out of 5 rating. I would give it a 4, at least.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed August 20, 2017

I've been twice. Both times busy. I gave it a second chance because everyone can have a bad day. Last time was yesterday. I ordered pancakes, tea, and home fries.

I got some brown water that was so tasteless that I was not sure if it was tea of coffee. I assume it was coffee as it was refilled by the waitress from a coffee pot and the flavour, such as it was, did not change.

My pancakes were crusty on the outside like they had been prepared some time previously and then sat under a heat lamp.

The homefries were deep fried chunks of potatoes that were absolutely tastelss.

Despite being a "pancake" house most everyone seemed to opt for eggs and bacon etc so maybe that is better.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

This is an awesome place to get breakfast or lunch.
The French toast is awesome and the number 2 combo is recommended. Service is always friendly.

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Came here with five friends bright and early at 7 am right when they opened, we were the first customers of the day. Service was great. Food was average. I had bacon, toast, home fries. Friends had eggs, sausage, home fries, toast, bacon, and banana pancakes.

Reviewed February 28, 2017

The name says it all: this large restaurant specializes in all-day breakfast, however they do close at 3:00 p.m. with the kitchen closing at 2:30. In addition to standard breakfast fare, a variety of burgers and sandwiches are also available.
At 7:30 a.m. the place was far from busy, but that said, there were others eating. For $8.95, I got "Maple Leaf Special 3": 2 back bacon pieces, 2 eggs, 2 sausages, homefries and whole wheat toast. Other specials exist including pancakes, Texas French Toast and regular bacon; all are about $7.95 - $9.95. With coffee and after tax and tip, I paid $13.45 which I think is reasonable. The spot was clean and the couple that run the place were very nice. Washrooms also are spacious and clean.

Date of visit: February 2017