“A part of Hamilton”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Hamilton, Canada
“A part of Hamilton”
Reviewed 15 March 2017

When I was a child use to go here with my parents . Am 53 now and still enjoy going as much as I did 40 years ago .
The food is always good very consistent which is so important the place is well kept and clean .
The staff our wonderful especially Roz and Julie both amazing waitresses . Hope the owners know how lucky they are to have these ladies as employees .
If I had one suggestion for the black forest is give the place a face lift is a bit dated .

Visited December 2016

Stoney Creek, Canada
“Excellent food but must be patient.”
Reviewed 9 March 2017

The food here is excellent and a lot of it for a very reasonable price. The only problem is you must wait quite a while to be seated and served. The last two times I went here I had to wait two hours before being seated.

• Visited January 2017
Toronto, Canada
“Expectations were high”
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Had high hopes. Is an "old world" feel to it inside, very attentive servers in German costume.
Beer was great. Cabbage rolls were so so bland, soup average, schnitzel was good but not great. Also had a Bavarian sausage which was wonderful. Waitress was great.
Overall a good meal, cheap. Is a great deal.

Hamilton
“New ownership and still great”
Reviewed 7 March 2017

It was my birthday on Saturday so my wife took me out to the Black Forrest for dinner. The restaurant has changed ownership since our last visit so we were curious if much had changed. I am happy to say that the quality & portions have remained the same there have been some minute additions to the menu but overall everything is just fantastic. And even the prices didn't change.

So if you looking for European style food in Hamilton I recommend going to the Black Forrest.

Welland, Canada
“Schnitzel is second to none”
Reviewed 4 March 2017

WOW it is still as good as always. Thought maybe with new owners the food may have deteriorated but I was wrong. Will definitely keep coming back.