“Best birthday celebration ever!”

Salt Lick Smoke House
Ranked #44 of 1,361 Restaurants in Hamilton
Reviewed March 30, 2017

We celebrated our son's 30th birthday at Salt Lick's recently and had an amazing night! We had the restaurant to ourselves, and everyone felt very relaxed and at home there and the service was excellent ( thanks Ally!!). The platters were loaded with delicious pulled pork, ribs, beef brisket, flat iron steak and jerk chicken and the mac and cheese, jalapeño cheddar corn muffins, and salad were fab! We all got to take some of the left overs home with us which was a bonus! Great food, great value, great times! Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

Too awesome. Great service. Unbelievable sandwiches. The whole attitude is i wish lunch wasn't over.

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

Came here with my husband. The service was fine, everyone was friendly and helpful but my opinion is this place was over priced. We don't mind playing more for quality food but the food just didn't wow us. The mac and cheese was very bland and the meats were just ok. We probably won't be back.

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

After a day of running around, we stopped in for lunch. I've been trying to go for some time as I have heard nothing but good things but it's always been busy!
We just missed the lunch rush so we were in luck! We ordered the smoked pork sandwich with slaw and the brisket sandwich with brisket mac & cheese.
The slaw was very vinegary and wasn't very good, when the waitress came by we let her know. She took it away and the next thing you know the cook was over to apologize and promised to put a new plate together.
Not only was the pork delicious, but the second order or slaw was perfect. The brisket sandwich was amazing and the brisket Mac and cheese was divine!
The cook also came back to make sure our meal was good and chatted with us about their smoking methods and where they get their meat.
Near the end of the meal, the waitress brought over some complimentary pork belly tacos to make up for the poor slaw. It was unexpected and an amazing gesture! They were also fantastic!
I would definately recommend this place, especially if you are a meat fan.
The only downfall is that you will leave smelling like a smokehouse, but there are worse things I guess!

Reviewed February 10, 2017

Overall: fantastic restaurant with great food, helpful staff, and reasonable prices

Food: amazing. The fried chicken is so tender, juicy and crispy. It's the kind of food that makes you sad when you finish because there's no more left. Great pulled pork, excellent mac and cheese. The biscuits are light and fluffy. My only complaint is that the ribs I had one time were't super tender. But great seasoning. No complaints about the food. I recommend dinner time when it's a prix fixe like business, set amount of money per person and chef dishes up appropriate quantity of x number of meats and y number of sides for your table. Try lots of different dishes.

Service: great service. Prompt and friendly. I hosted a large party here a few months ago and had ever changing guestlist, and guests with dietary requirements. The restaurant staff was fantastic, accommodated all my requests and helped the entire affair go off without a glitchy despite some rocky plans.

Price: it's not a cheap restaurant. It's not high end, but not the place for a quick, filling cheap meal. Plan to enjoy your time here, have a drink and savor the food.