“Filet mignon and gluten free dinner!”

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar Hamilton
Ranked #14 of 1,350 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2016

We are Italian and we ate there 1month ago.

The food was amazing, simply delicious and our waitress was very professional!
We tasted 5 different plates and in my opinion the "filet mignon" is the best on the menu!

Very important it was the gluten free experience (one of us is celiac).

In conclusion.. I recommend this place.. of course!
Thanks for our great dinner!We'll be back!

1  Thank Seila T

Reviewed February 3, 2016

I just don't understand how this restaurant always has the longest waits of life. I feel like they just need a better system. I watched more than 50 people come in and leave again due to how long the wait was. WE went at 5pm thinking it would help, it didn't. Wait was still over an hour.

Service and food were amazing. I cannot complain at all. So maybe that explains the wait, who knows.

We both ordered steaks, they were cooked perfectly and we had a brownie sundae for dessert, was also delicious.

Does the food justify the wait...not really. I can get just as good a steak elsewhere, but we had a gift certificate to use. So we waited.

Reviewed January 24, 2016 via mobile

You know what to expect when you go to the Keg - good steak for a price. We started with escargot with mushroom caps which came very hot and delicious. We had the Keg deal and New York strip medium rare, once again delivered hot and cooked perfect.
Pros
Service was excellent and food as expected
Cons
Not cheap
30-40 minute wait on Friday evening

Not a restaurant that you can frequent all the time due to the cost and there are other restaurants in the area with better value.

Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went for a pre New Year's Eve dinner at the keg on upper James in Hamilton. We both had their rib steak medium rare . It was probably the best steak we ever had accompanied buy garlic mashed potatoes , veggies and mushrooms. If you like steaks , you have to try this one !!

Reviewed December 31, 2015

Can't get over the fact that The Keg is more popular than ever in Canada. the formula is consistency. You know exactly what you will get. This Keg in Hamilton is no exception. If you don't have a reservation, (a lot of Kegs don't take them) they stick you in the bar area to wait for a table that generally comes available after you have had a couple of cocktails.$$$. Once in the dining room, you wonder why you had to wait so long for a table as several appeared available. The good thing is that they transfer your bar tab to your dinner tab. Once at the table our party of four ordered the Keg Classic which is a combination of steak, salad, veggies, potato and mushrooms. Best to go with a filet mignon as their New York cut is just average. I would rate this meal as good. I have had better steaks on my grill at home but it's winter in Canada and much too cold to grill outside. The service was very professional. Keg staff are extremely well trained in the art of customer service. Would I return? Of course, no dishes or clean-up to do.