“Sad about new changes”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2016

My husband and I have been to Lord Byron's many many times. We visited this past week and were extremely disappointed to see that they no longer put out the plate of feta cheese, pickles and olives. You still get the garlic bread, but none of that other tasty stuff. They also no longer offer feta with your baked potato.
Maybe it was the disappointment of no more feta, but we overall just didn't seem to enjoy the food the way we used to. The vegetables were beyond bland and the broccolini and asparagus was bitter.
I know they are an old school steak house and we always loved that, but I think it's time they revamped some items. it's not often that I walk away from a $200 dinner and think, I could've made that better at home.....but this time I could've and it would've been better and more flavourful.
I am sad to say that I don't think we will return. There are too many new restaurants in Hamilton that doing wonderful things with food and don't cost $40+ for an entree.

1  Thank EnJay422

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Was invited for a company business lunch and was very pleased all around including professional service, excellent New York steak and made at your table Spanish coffee and dessert. For sure not a modern looking steakhouse but definitely worth going back for everything else.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

I visit Lord Byron yesterday, with my husband and another couple. The food was perfect and the service also! We'll be back soon!!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2016

The service initially was good but fell dramatically after we were served. It is very misleading to order the ceasar salad for two and be charged $14.50 each. Yes that is $29 for a couple . My ribeye steak had a metal rod and hook in it. I asked the waiter what it was he said he didn't know but would ask in the kitchen. He never returned with an answer. No one asked how our meat was. In fact after we were served we then had nil service. Surprised to get the bill for $29 for salad and asked what it was. The waiter scoffed and said the salad and left abruptly. Does that mean the chateaubriand for two is $99 each. Therefore $198 for a couple?

1  Thank dissatisfied96
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

I rarely put out a bad review! It was my husbands birthday meal out tonight and I am writing this while sitting in the bathroom with the runs! I ordered clam chowder , chicken with crab and had the vanilla cake offered. My husband had salad steak and chocolate cake .The chicken , steak and vegetables were "ok" . The clam chowder and crab on the chicken was terrible!!! Never ever tasted crab this bad and I have had lots! The cake was VERY old and dry!!! The server was very nice and the place was clean and pleasant. (Thus one star) I hope for them this was a rare occurrence! I had to go to the washroom immediately there and I never said anything and left. I wish I had but I needed to get home!