“A first visit here for breakfast.”
Review of Donut Diner

Donut Diner
Ranked #251 of 1,400 Restaurants in Hamilton
Reviewed March 12, 2020

I always thought that this establishment was just for donuts and coffee. Was I ever wrong !! They make excellent breakfasts here. My wife and I visited for breakfast recently, and we were impressed. My wife ordered a veggie omelette and I had the seniors breakfast, which was surprising filing with toast, bacon, home fries and one large egg. The coffee was great and never ending. The server was delightful and very caring. We will return soon. Parking is right in front of the restaurant and there's ample room.

Date of visit: March 2020
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed February 29, 2020 via mobile

I just had the most amazing breakfast. The coffee was flowing, the waitress was amazing, attentive and always smiling. The eggs benedict was the best I've ever tasted, I don't know what is in the sauce but it's delicious. This was my first time but it will definitely not be my last. I didn't feel rushed, in fact I felt very welcomed.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed November 6, 2019

This was my first visit, but definitely not my last! Do not let the name fool you. This is a full service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I stopped by for breakfast at lunch time! I was quickly seated and served a steaming hot cup of excellent coffee as I checked out the menu. Very reasonable prices and very good food selections. I had the peameal bacon and eggs, tomatoes instead of potatoes (which looked great!) and toast, all for under $10! Samantha was my server, and she and the rest of the team kept my coffee cup full! The meal was plentiful and delicious! Samantha recommended the carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Fresh baked that morning! My wife and I shared it later in the day and it was delicious! And yes, they do also have donuts! This is a great spot and I will be back!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 24, 2019

This restaurant has good meals at reasonable prices, But today, l went in around 2 PM and there were two waitresses, there were somewhat busy (not with customers) but they did have a second to wait on me. After sitting there for a good 5 minutes a gentleman came in and before he sit down they took his order, ignoring me. I usually go in this restaurant maybe couple times a month and always leave them a tip and say my please and thank yous. This has happen to me before in this restaurant. Do l smell, not dress appropriate, maybe l have an ugly face or they what a bigger tip. I will like the manager of owner of Donut Diner to give me some kind of answer. GOD BLESS!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 16, 2019

I do see the occasional person get some donuts but local folks come here for the fine food. It is indeed a diner with a bit of a 1960's or so look about it. The breakfast menu is available all day but it is the fish and chips that are the draw for me, done in a light batter. The chips are made from scratch, likely accounting for their great taste. The portion of chips is large. The side of cole slaw is tangy. Tartar sauce accompanies the dish. My main course with a coffee was about $11. I recommend coming a bit early for lunch to guarantee a table. The staff is very down to earth and keep the coffee coming. There seemed to be more staff, making the service rather quick. Come for a meal and leave as a devotee.

Date of visit: August 2019