“Unusual, fresh, healthy, and delicious”
Review of Pokeh

Pokeh
Ranked #5 of 40 Quick Bites in Hamilton
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Reviewed July 7, 2018

This is a food stall in the Hamilton Farmers' Market with a 5 or 6-seat counter and an extremely limited menu. It consists of just 3 set bowls of poke (in 2 sizes) and also offers the possibility of making one's own poke bowl out of combining up to 25 or so ingredients. Poke, according to Wikipedia, is Hawaiian cubed raw-fish salad.

At Pokeh, poke may be served on a bed of white or brown rice or cucumber noodles. I had the Green (vegan variant) set bowl over brown rice, which included generous portions of pickled shitake mushrooms, tofu, edamame, kale, cucumber, etc. It was very fresh, healthy and delicious.

On a hot day I made my own poke bowl by combining raw salmon (fresh, tasty, and generous portion), wakame seaweed, kale, cucumber, enoki mushrooms, jicama (Mexican yam bean), green onions on a cucumber noodle bed with yuzu sauce! It was very fresh, refreshing, and delicious.

Overall, a quality, fully satisfying, and economical meal.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

It was my first time eating pokeh. I had spicy tuna bowl with extra jalapenios slices on rice. Ot was absolutely delicious. For surw will visit it once again when in Ha.milton

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

After a long hike a friend and I wanted to enjoy a poke bowl. The Concession location was open and it was a short wait to make our order.
The shop was clean and cutely decorated. I loved the succulent "POKEH" wall.
The guy at the cash was pleasant and attentive to everyone. Quick to create our two bowls and the portion for the large was more than enough to satiate our hunger. We asked for extra salmon and it was generous.
Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Very nice dinner, food is exceptional. Small ball is 10 but you want to go with large for 13. We loved it and repeated I'd twice during our short stay in Hamilton

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 22, 2017

I love all the options at Pokeh. I'm very impressed with the spiral veggie option as a base instead of the rice. However, because I don't get the rice, I find myself still hungry after eating a large bowl (this is why I'd love a bigger portion).

It seems like the people who work there are happy to be there. That means a lot because sharing a small space in the basement of the market isn't the best situation, I would guess.

Date of visit: February 2017