“Best Hotel In Kingston”

Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Oakville, Canada
“Best Hotel In Kingston”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Very surprised with the upscale check in and lobby.
Staff very pleasant

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GaryTravels
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
I’m so glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised during your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your positive comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Great little hotel , comfortable stay and staff was friendly & helpful especially Marc (front desk). Breakfast was good enough to keep us going thru lunch. Will definitely come back

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grace082
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for your kind review. It’s always great to hear positive feedback about our staff. I’m so glad that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed your breakfast. We’d love to have you back anytime!
Ontario
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We pre- booked this hotel directly for a gov't rate as my husband is a gov't employee. When we arrived, the rate had been upped by $36/night. When I asked to speak to the manager, she came out and rudely tried to explain her thoughts. We were denied this pre-booked rate and were treated VERY rudely by the manager. When our other party arrived later, the manager hid!! This is a terrible reflection on this hotel and we will not even inquire about this hotel again. We booked at the Courtyard where EVERYONE was friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank marchbreakneeded
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
We apologize for your experience and misunderstanding regarding your reservation. We value our Government travellers and do offer our great rates based on the guidelines provided in the official Government accommodations directory program. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this behaviour and ensure that we continue to provide excellent customer service. Please contact me directly as we would like the opportunity to make this right. customerservice@diamondhotels.ca
toronto
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks in a room with two queen beds. The first room I stayed in felt a bit tight for two beds, there was no space really between the foot of the bed and the tv/dresser and the table/desk. The second week I was in a room on the same floor however it was so much more spacious, even the entrance area was much larger than the first room.
Pros:
This hotel is fairly new (a couple years old I think) so all the décor is modern and nice, the rooms are nicely appointed especially for what I would envision a Holiday Inn to be like. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave.
There is complimentary wifi which for the most part was pretty fast and I didn’t have any issues connecting to the wifi.
There is complimentary breakfast – it’s not the greatest but it’s free and for me it was fine for grabbing a muffin, cinnamon bun, yogurt or fruit. I didn’t dare to try the hot items as they didn’t look that appetizing.
The staff are friendly here. Nice touch to get a bottle of water and granola bar upon check in. Especially after a long drive.

Cons:
Gym is tiny - not much space to work out if there are others in the gym (which there always were when I went)
I was on the 5th floor and there were some nights that the traffic was really loud - I experienced this when I had a room facing the highway and Benson. I also could hear my neighbours chatting on several occasions.
The hotel is located near the 401 and it is about 4.5km to downtown Kingston. Though there are restaurants within walking distance to the hotel, they are all the chain type restaurants and fast food places. Most of the good restaurants in Kingston are located downtown. It’s not a far drive but a bit of a pain compared to staying at a hotel in the downtown (the ones downtown I was willing to stay in were full).
The lighting in the room was TERRIBLE. Impossible to get work done unless you want to work in the bathroom which is the only place that the lights were bright enough to read.
Overall I’d recommend this hotel however I would try and book at a hotel in downtown Kingston first if it were as new/nice as this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is only 2 years old and located in an extremely convenient location just off the 401! You are correct, there are many well known restaurants and stores within walking distance and it’s just a short trip to downtown Kingston. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and please never hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.
Brantford
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed in this hotel for the first time on a family sports weekend and were pleasantly surprised at the friendly and excellent service. All the staff--front desk, maid service, breakfast staff-were very helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
It is conveniently located just off the 401 and close to restaurants and outlets as well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marie L
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your kind words about our staff. Providing exceptional customer service is our number one priority and I’m pleased that we exceeded your expectations in this regard. I hope that you had a successful family sports weekend and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had the pleasure to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Kingston. Easy to find, close to the 401. The hotel was clean and it was close to everything in Kingston. Excellent friendly service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
It’s so wonderful to hear that you had a pleasurable stay with us. We look forward to providing you with another exceptional stay on your next visit to Kingston.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the first time, last September 2011, on business. It's now my choice of hotel everytime I'm in town. ( at least once a month) It is conveniently located just off the 401. The newly renovated rooms are great, clean, with neutral, modern decor. They offer firm or soft pillows. The front desk employees are efficient, VERY accomodating, professional, friendly and VERY helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Kingston.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your glowing recommendation. We deeply value your continued business and it is our pleasure to provide you with a first-class experience. We will be seeing you again soon!