“Fantastic Pad Thai!”

Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed August 25, 2018

This restaurant is so authentic the owners cook each meal individually in front of you in a small cozy setting. Easily located and food was truly amazing and authentic!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We travel to Vietnam and Cambodia frequently and the food here is the best. It’s a small place - 5 tables - and everything is made to order. The quality and consistency are unbeatable. There are a few Thai, a few Vietnamese and a few Cambodian dishes. All are perfectly made with nuanced flavours. My favourite is no. 13, Country chicken but I’ve never had anything I didn’t love. Don’t miss this place.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Here I am, two weeks past my last visit and I just realized I hadn't put in a review.

I went here in late July 2018 with my youngest son, 13. I can't remember now exactly what we ordered but he had a red curry dish with chicken and rice, and I had a Pad Thai-ish meal with chicken and shrimp. We both started with two spring rolls each.

The spring rolls were fantastic! I could easily have just sat there half the afternoon munching on them. And our main courses were both excellent as well. The portions are very generous. We both took home the remainder of our meals and I got two meals total out of mine, my son got three out of his. Pretty amazing for a 13YO boy who is growing like mad.

One note to make: this is a small place, perhaps 5-6 tables, and two people work behind the counter. Service takes a while so be prepared to wait 25-30 minutes, maybe a bit more if they're busy. But believe me, it is absolutely worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

If you've ever wondered what your absolute favourite ever takeaway would taste like freshly cooked, this is it. Very basic restaurant, very basic menu, exceptional food and two lovely people cooking and serving it. A little gem.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

I having going to this restaurant since moving to Kingston over ten years ago. Of all of our Asian food choices (and I have tried them ALL) Wok In is by far THE BEST.
Quality, quantity, value and friendliness. I have never had a disappointing visit. 5+ starts!

Date of visit: June 2018