“An eco-issue”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I almost hate to complain about this since the eco-focus of the hotel is great; but the sounds of the washrooms in other units (despite us being in a corner unit) was really annoying especially at night. It's those pesky eco-toilets! We will try staying here again since the room was great, the view was lovely, and the pool was good but we'll ask for a top floor and hope for the best! The staff were fine but nothing special, friendly and efficient anyway, and the restaurant staff were fine too but service seemed to be thrown off because of a banquet going on at the same time. Food was fine but for the cost of our dinners I'm not sure we'd eat there again. Comfortable beds and the one-bedroom suite was very nice. We usually stay at the Sheraton when we're in town and the rooms at the Residence Inn are far superior.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CordeliaToronto
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Hello from Kingston. Thank you so very very much for posting your comments, I really appreciate it. I am sorry you were disturbed during your stay and agree that our toilets are rather noisy, this indeed because of the eco design and there is little to be done I am afraid. Please call me direct on 613 531 7200 when you next plan a trip to the area and I will try my best to accommodate you on the top floor. Please also call me should you wish to discuss your comments regarding the service in our restaurant, events going on in other areas of the hotel should not affect service in the restaurant at all. Thank you again for taking the time to post the review.
Have a great week.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed there for business. Very friendly and helpful staff, great room, superb location. Was a little disappointed in the breakfast - some of the offerings were very good, but others not so much. Was only there for one evening reception and was a liitle disapointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review. Although I am thrilled that you seem to happy with most components of your stay I am concerned that you did not seem to enjoy some aspects of our complimentary breakfast and evening social hour. I would very much like to be able to understand your thoughts and invite you to call me on 613 531 7200 or send me an email to ri.ygkr.gm@marriott.com.

Thanks again for the review and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here for a week in June 2011 while attending a conference. The mini-suites are very generously sized and beautifully outfitted. The views were great, over the water. The free breakfast was great each morning. I used the pool and hot tub a few times and always had the entire place to myself - a bonus! The hotel is a short walk to Queen's and a short walk to downtown and some great restaurants and attractions. I am looking forward to staying here again. I felt like I was on vacation the whole time, even though I was working hard each day - coming back to the room and the pool was nice.
The front desk staff were efficient but not that friendly, but the other staff in the hotel were nice enough. Free wifi and breakfast was great.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Hello Anna67 and thank you so much for taking the time to post this great review. We are indeed very lucky to be in such a fantastic location with the views over to Wolfe Island. I am thrilled that you enjoyed you week with us, that is a long time to be away from home and it looks like we looked after you well. I am a little dissapointed that you found our front desk staff to not be that friendly, if there is a specific situation you would like to talk to me about I would be glad to take your call, my direct number is 613 5312 7200. Thank you again for the great posting.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was our first stay at the Residence Inn Kingston and we loved it! The staff was very helpful, the view was amazing, the room very clean and they booked just the room we wanted. We wanted to be on an upper floor and they booked us on the top floor with a beautiful view of the water. We stayed in a 1 bedroom, the cleaning staff we're very helpful when we we're leaving and showed us both the studio room and also the 2 bedroom suite. We used the hot tub, it's a little small and it was VERY hot but nice pool and workout area. We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floor on the water side.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Felicia303
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My wife couldn't find any good hotels through the normal channels so I punched in Google "kingston hotel" and this appeared at the top. After checking through reviews we decided to give it a go and were not disappointed.

The hotel is located near the center and shopping area of Kingston, but has ample parking space outside and a parking garage. We booked a room with a view to the lake, but first got put in a room on the other side of the hotel. After checking with the front desk, we were assigned a new room at the right side of the hotel. The room didn't feel big, but this is because the Residence Inn style splits the room in 3 big parts: a sitting/dining/office/extensive kitchenette area and the bedroom, divided by a short hallway and bathroom. The room had also an option to open a door to the nearby room, which is interesting for families who want to share two rooms.

The king sized bed was exceptional, the bathroom comfortable and the breakfast was nice, although it can get a bit crowdy at times. We went to check out the indoor pool, but as many times didn't find the time to enjoy it afterwards.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a water view room, and prefer a room on the higher floors, so your view is not blo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank wooter
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Good morning from a very sunny and warm Kingston. Thank you so very much for posting your review, we all really appreciate this. I read every review, yes even the ones I would rather not, at our daily meetings. These meetings are real team building events where we discuss business and even sing our mission statement once a week!!! Thank you again for making our Thursday a good one.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Went to Canada for a family wedding &were booked in here by the bride's family. I remember it being a bit more pricey than usual but worth it, none the less.

We got a family suite, which had 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a kitchen and a spacious living room. It was huge and extremely comfortable, the rooms were giant so it was more than enough space for the 4 of us. Was very clean and had all utensils in the kitchen area. The room had a full view of the lake - was beautiful!

Staff were very friendly - housekeeping lady chatted away to us every day!

Breakfast had a good variety, cereal, muffins, toast, croissants, eggs, sausage etc, the usual you get in hotels I suppose, but there was plenty of it to go around. Could be a bit more space in the dining area though.

Very nice place to stay if you don't mind spending a bit extra.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashy_275

Hello and thank you for posting this lovely review. I often get guests telling me that they use trip advisor to help them make hotel arrangements and this is proof of the power of individual opinions. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and hope the wedding was a great occasion. Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stay here a few times a year, as we have family that lives in Kingston. The location is perfect - on the water, and right downtown. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The rooms are very spacious, and well stocked in case you want to cook something. The pool and exercise areas are nice - though the hot tub is a little small. The complementary breakfast offers a variety of choice, from healthy to greasy. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, and we'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank James B

Good morning from a very lovely monring in Kingston, have I missed winter this year? Thank you very much for taking the time to post this great review. I am delighted that we are your hotel of choice in Kingston and hope we continue to exceed your expectations. I hope to welcome you back to the Residence Inn very soon, let me know when you are next in the hotel as I would love to say hello.