The staff at this hotel go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They had doggie treats for the dog and people treats for us at the reception desk. Check in was quick and easy. Free parking in the lot beside the hotel is a real bonus.
Our room was on the ground floor (the only floor where they allow pets to stay). It was great. We had a patio door which opened onto the lawn between the hotel and waterfront, so we could take the dog out or just stand by the door and make a quick run out to clean up without having to put on a coat, hat, boots............ and the other hassles of winter weather. Considering it was quite cold out that night it was one of the best features of the room. Even though it was after midnight, the front desk staff had menus from local restaurants which delivered until 2 am.
The room was comfortable for two adults and a small dog. We did not get a chance to use the hot tub, pool or get up in time for breakfast, but at least the option was there. The hot tub would have been nice after being in the car for a couple of hours..... maybe next time.
The location of the hotel could not be better. It is right at the beginning of Princess St. right on the waterfront. There are lots of restaurants and shopping in that area within easy walking distance.
Best of all was the price. They did not gouge us with a fee for the dog like another hotel in the immediate area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront Hotel is centrally located in historic downtown Kingston, Ontario. We are elated to unveil Kingston's beautiful bedrooms and superior amenities, and our personal and friendly service sets us apart from other Kingston, Ontario hotels. We are also home to Kingston's premier conference facilities, specializing corporate events, meetings and weddings. Conveniently located steps away from Kingston's waterfront, the K-Rock Center (.42km)for concerts and Kingston Frontenacs games, 1000 Island Cruises (.25km), Kingston General Hospital (2.06km), Queen's University (1.53km), boutiques and downtown venues, the Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront hotel is The Place to Meet. We are proud to present DOX Restaurant & Bar with (seasonal) patio overlooking Lake Ontario. Dox Restaurant & Bar features a delicious breakfast menu and is the perfect place to meet for a luncheon meeting or a gourmet romantic dinner for two. For relaxation, guests of our Kingston hotel enjoy our indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and fitness center. Whether you're coming to Kingston on business, looking to hold a meeting or event, or getting away for a family vacation, the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront is your hotel of choice. We look forward to being "At Your Service"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Hotel Kingston
- Kingston Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Ontario