1,045 results
All reviews outdoor pool overlooking the water kingston waterfront front desk staff buffet breakfast wolfe island city hall restaurants and shops bit dated water front heart of downtown princess street fort henry king room stayed one night coffee maker yogurt
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

While we visit Kingston regularly, this is the 1st hotel stay there in a very long time. Ideally situated on the waterfront, there is easy access to boat tours, City Hall and Market, Confederation Park and lots of restaurants and shops. Close by is the ferry to Wolfe Island and historic Fort Henry.
Our rom was on 5th floor overlooking the harbour and out to Lake Ontario. An older hotel, it has had a number of upgrades and could use a few more. Elevators in particular as there are 2 quite small and operate independently. Internet service was not really needed but as suggested to staff, I am usually a business traveller and would find the service painful.
Restaurant is on main level with nice view and a patio open in good weather. Breakfast and lunch were very good to go along with service quality

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
HIKingstonwaterfront, Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

Hello CGSTraveller,

The Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront appreciates you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know that our location suited you and that you were well attended by our staff. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

This property is disgusting ,we arrived Saturday Afternoon ,room smell like mould ,very dirty ,walls crack with mould , dead bugs glue to the ceiling ,mould in the bathtub,vanity falling off,was disgusting ,i felt like i was in a 3rd world country can not believed this was Holiday Inn,my kids have allergies we couldn't even sleep with this conditions ,and after all this it was like i didn't paid little for this property cost me over $200 a night ,just a nightmare !!!!
And if you need pictures i have it to prove it the conditions of this property .

Room Tip: Theirs no option for this place ,don't stay there !!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 155019Paul
HIKingstonwaterfront, Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Hello 155019Paul,

I am dismayed at the state of the guest room you were given and I sincerely apologize. Had any of these issues would have been raised with the front desk, we would have been more than happy to get you moved to a much better room. We hope you will return so that we may show you our true level of service.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Our stay was uneventful until I received the invoice. The front desk had billed me parking fees, service that I had not requested nor used. As I asked it to be removed from the invoice, the front desk argued with a very unpleasant and unprofessional attitude that I owed these fees as I had written down the brand of my car on a piece of paper when I checked in.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
HIKingstonwaterfront, Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Hello Octave,

We do apologize for the confusion regarding your parking. Exceptional service is what we strive for here and it is always my priority to ensure guests’ needs are met and satisfied. It saddens me that you did not receive the caliber of service we are known for.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

And nothing else. Rooms are decent but old and dated. The washroom belongs to a different Era. The tub is old and rusty, the tiles are filthy, at some point the old floor was capped with a new layer of cheap tiles, terrible job though. The toilet takes almost a minute to drain, disgusting.

There is a fridge in the room but they don't even give you a bottle of water. Really? For $300 Ca a night? There is also a coffee machine, but one one bag of tea, for 3 days.
The worst is the staff, the girl at the reception is overwork and lost her smile, long time ago.
The restaurant staff is bitter, all are old and cranky. I pointed this to the captain, another old lady, she only said it has been a rough morning. Seriously? It was only 8 am!
One guy gave me attitude when I asked about bread, then again 10 minutes later when I asked for jam, he said is on each table, well, not on mine. There is no coffee and tea station. You have to ask for it. I asked for tea and I thought they will bring a few options. No, I was only brought a small tea pot of black tea. I don't drink black tea. They should ask what kind of tea you want.
Dont get me wrong, this is not a cheap breakfast, the buffet breakfast is $20.15 Ca. Way overpriced considering the poor variety and service.

The restaurant itself is a relic, dirty and old. Needs major updating. There is a nice terace by the river... But who cares, it is October and it's closed.

This hotel is to be avoided. Very busy and people attending are old and tired. It is overpriced due to location. I am here now for a 4 days conference, tomorrow I am moving, not spending another minute in it.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Aqua_Uomo

Hello Aqua_Uomo,

We are very sorry to read about your experience at our hotel. First and foremost, there is never an excuse for poor service. An experience like this is not indicative of our hotel, it’s service or quality. All hotels from time to time need to upgrade their furnishing and ownership is in the process of addressing this issue. Out hot buffet breakfast is $16.95 CAD and our Patio is still open depending on the weather day to day, we do apologize that the weather during your stay did not allow us to have it open.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

STAY AWAY - NOT WORTH THE PRICE! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone: the room was dirty and full of cobwebs everywhere. It looks like the rooms haven't been updated in decades, the bathtub was rusty and the balcony was also filthy. To top it all off, we all got bit by something overnight!
I do need to make a special mention of how lovely Melissa was at the front desk. The poor woman must get so many complaints on a daily basis given the sad state of this hotel and she handles it all with great service and professionalism.
The only thing this hotel has going for it is the excellent location, but that's it! Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Tara S,

Please accept our apologies for checking you into a room that had some maintenance and housekeeping concerns. We are sorry you found inconsistencies with your stay but are proud that you thought so highly of our staff.