“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Green Acres Inn

Green Acres Inn
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We were in Kingston for a family matter and stayed at the Green Acres Inn for 2 nights.
Daniel the office receptionist, was extremely helpful and friendly.
The room was more than I thought possible.
It was clean, comfortable and even offered a whirlpool.
It was refreshing to see not only a microwave, but a kettle, frig, cutlery and dishes to use.
I would definitely recommend this Inn and will stay there in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shellnwill
innkeeperford, Owner at Green Acres Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our property. It is wonderful to know that you were pleased with the service that you received from my son Daniel at the Front Desk. He
is the third generation in our family to be working here at the Green Acres Inn and he was delighted to read your review.
Thank you for providing feedback on the extra amenities you liked having in your room. It is very helpful to know what is appreciated by our guests as we endeavour to find new things to
add.
Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I only stayed here one night, but it was a very comfortable, clean and quiet stay. The bed was very comfy and there was a coffee maker and microwave and a small fridge. The unit was small, but nicely furnished. Check in was easy, the clerk was polite and helpful. My only complaint, and it is a small one, is that the water from the tap was quite nasty and so the coffee I made in the morning was undrinkable. I would recommend bringing some bottled water. I would stay her again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank LBrock
innkeeperford, Owner at Green Acres Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the feedback on our City of Kingston water. At certain times of the year it does have a funny taste and it can ruin a good cup of coffee I am in the process of researching filtration systems that would eliminate that taste and then we would be able to provide reuseable bottles of water to our guests at the Front Desk or we would happily refill their personal waterbottles free of charge. Again, thank you for the review and feedback and I hope that I have an opportunity to meet you on your next stay with us.
Heather Ford
Innkeeper

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Stayed here one night on my way to Ottawa for the weekend. I was very impressed with this property! Staff is very welcoming, and are accomodating to your needs. Rooms are very tastefully decorated, providing a cozy atmosphere. Modern updates to the room (flat screen TV; updated washroom) mix well with its traditional charm (crown mouldings, base heaters). I would recommend the continental breakfast. Fresh orange juice, a large jug of coffee and bagels brought right to your room (should you choose) for only $3.50. Only drawback was the street noise was a bit noticeable, but I cannot complain. Well priced, and worth a try. I wil definantely be staying here again next time i'm in Kingston!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Our house was overflowing with family and usually we send the family to the hotel but this time, we went to the Green Acres for the night. The family has stayed here before a number of times and always enjoyed their stay but now we wonder why it took so long for us to take advantage of this lovely opportunity. We got a suite with two beds which was roomy and nicely appointed. There were many nice touches throughout and it was very clean. Someone has put a lot of thought into the details that made our stay special. The beds were comfortable and we had a quiet and peaceful rest. Although we didn't use the kitchenette it was stocked with all the necessary items. Loved the fresh flowers by the sink! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful both when we registered and on check-out. The rates were reasonable for the quality of this room. Looking forward to the next family visit....Green Acres here we come!

Room Tip: Select a room, if available, at the back of the property away from traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jwc60
Reviewed 28 September 2011

A gem of an inn! Very well appointed with very comfortable beds, lots of pillows and blankets. And good sitting area and kitchenette. All modernized and immaculately clean. The grounds were very well maintained and a pleasure to stroll. The pool looked great, as did all the buildings. Our unit was at the back, and you would never have known that the inn is on a very busy road, the room was so quiet even with our (back) window open all night. The staff was able to give good advice on eating places and were efficient and welcoming. And to top it all off - very affordable!

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far from the street as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This is a great little inn - clean, quiet, comfortable, well-appointed and friendly. The proprietors seem to have taken one of those standard travellers' motels that you see everywhere (rooms in a long half-rectangle, swimming pool out front, property on a main drag) and turned it into a nice, modern property where everything has been thought of. It's not five-star - in fact, it's very affordable - but there are nice touches all over the place, and comfy, cozy beds.

BTW, we found out about this inn on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try - we agree with all the great ratings this place gets. They're well-deserved!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Great suite, three rooms. three T.V',s two fireplaces, great friendly staff, the suite was immaculate . The suite has extra sound installation and you cant here noise from the adjoining suite. My wife and I will be back again soon.
A.M.