FourPoints.com
Caslino
Como, Italy

Just OK

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 21, 2023
Just a one night stay in Kingston in the ex-Sheraton. Parking on-site. Basic room in a hotel that is rather impersonal and needs renovation and in general an energy boost. Nothing special, just OK for one night.
Date of stay: July 2023
M Exterior
    C$107
9.0 km from Four Points by Sheraton Kingston
View more hotels in Kingston
All reviews great location underground parking heart of downtown waterfront university microwave shampoo conference
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2023 via mobile

Firstly their is no pool ! They said that they were still working on getting the pictures of the pool down since last January 2023… also the place is not a Sheraton anymore it was sold in January you guest it Jan 2023 also we book for four people but yet got only three towels ?the staff is great and the location is amazing but be warned outdated bathroom looking a bit dingy with ants crawling all over it.

Disappointed in general but be aware that their a resort fee of 70$ a night and over night parking is 30$ a night!!!!

Date of stay: August 2023
Reviewed August 4, 2023 via mobile

The name of this hotel now Market place hotel. It’s been 4 months they have changed. But no notification. We look for the hotel an hour. The pool is under renovation yet its not said on expedia. The reception said expedia is too slow to update infos, but 4 months???? If i were a PR manger Id do something. The pool, the name of the hotel, the cost, how old is this hotel is unbelievably out of question comparing the cost. The only good thing is the location and we got free parking because of the false advertisement. もし日本語でこちらの口コミを見てるかた、料金には全く見合いません。泊まるのはお勧めできません。部屋は古く、名前も変わっています

Date of stay: July 2023
Reviewed June 20, 2023 via mobile

Do not stay here! We stayed at this hotel during convocation week at Queens. We understand the notion of supply/demand and “surge” pricing” but paying $450 for a night in a mildewy smelling room with an air conditioning unit that was so loud it interfered with our sleep is just highway robbery. Marriott should be ashamed - this hotel is part of the Marriott family and tarnishes the brand. Sure, they are undergoing renovations, but in the meantime, they are charging guests premium prices to stay at a sub-par, smelly facility. And the walls are paper thin.
Only positive: staff are pleasant.

Date of stay: June 2023
Reviewed May 25, 2023

Doug O'Handley, the Front Office Manager at this hotel is FANTASTIC. Superb customer service -- went above and beyond for me and my family. We had an issue with a third-party room booking service, and he sorted it out for us. Wow. Thanks, Doug!

Date of stay: May 2023
1  Thank Dreamer21847370501
Reviewed May 3, 2023

I rarely complain about anything. And never have I singled out a certain individual. But here I sit at 11pm after being awaken by the front desk to hear someone had knocked at my door and I didn't answer. They believed I was smoking in my room and a smoking charge would be assessed. I told them there was a mistake and they're welcome to come to my room at that very moment. They refused: Jennifer said 'we don't need to' before hanging up on me. I got dressed and went downstairs. Jennifer continued to be confrontational and double down on the idea that she was right and I was wrong. I appreciate that mistakes happen - but Jennifer's unwillingness to admit to a mistake was beyond reproach. I've traveled for work for over 18 years - this is the first time I've ever experienced anything remotely close to this sort of behavior.

Date of stay: May 2023