“Good Food Like most East Side Mario's”
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
Ranked #138 of 469 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Reviewed August 14, 2015

Crowded on a Tuesday so the food must be good and it was except for a new item. Did not like the Lasagna Wedges, but that is only my opinion. Our waitress Kayla was very good considering how many tables she had to look after.

1  Thank margeCanada

Reviewed August 13, 2015

Attended this restaurant in a group and while the food was average and as expected at an East Side Mario's the service failed me at this location. Our waitress was providing average service throughout our visit but our food was delivered from the kitchen by another server. All meals in our group that is with the exception of mine. Our waitress was no where to be seen for an extended period of time and when she finally was seen pretty much everyone in our group was close to completed eating. She asked me if no one had brought me my meal and I confirmed they had not. At that point she went back to the kitchen and came out with my meal that had obviously been sitting in the window waiting to be served for at least 20+ minutes.

Being part of a group that had a schedule and plans I could not take the time to send it back so I let the waitress know I wasn't happy. She came back with a coupon for $15 off which was about the equivalent of the entree, fair enough I thought. When I went to pay the bill the server denied the use of the coupon advising it was only good for a future visit. I explained I was 2500 km from home so there would be no future visit to this location but no success. Paid my bill and gave the coupon to the hotel clerk upon my check out. Will not provide any patronage to an East Side Mario's in the future with this type of customer service.

Reviewed August 4, 2015

We have been going to East Side Mario's for many years and have always loved it.
Some time had passed since we'd been and my husband and I decided to go there for lunch.
It's not what it used to be and it's too bad...because for a long time, ESM's had a great name and was known for their bottomless salads and soups and garlic breads.
I ordered the Burger and Fries and my husband ordered the Mario's Trio...
Back in the day...every person got a personal garlic homeloaf ...no matter what you ordered
Now only the trio and a couple of select meals get that...otherwise...you have to pay for one!!
And now, after the "reno" ...the new and "improved" ESM's has new dishes etc.
Their soup bowls are embarrassingly shallow. My husbands soup came and when he put is spoon in his soup to get his first taste...the bowl is so shallow, the spoon doesn't even fully submerge in soup!!!! Brutal.
My burger was ok.
But my fries were soggy and limp. Heat lamp fries I suspect.
I couldn't finish them....and I do like my fries!! LOL
Also, post-reno...it seems as though there has been a slight price hike too...
....less portions ...and more money....watch out.
It's too bad because we used to really love ESM's and now, we will not be returning.

Reviewed August 2, 2015

Pulled in on a Friday evenig about 7:30 and the place was very busy. The staff was very friendly and we had just a few minutes' wait to be seated. I ordered the lasagna and my friend had shrimp. The meal came with all you can eat bread and salad/soup. We had the caesar salad. There was a bit of a wait for the food, but the waitress had already brought our drinks and the bread and salad. The food was very good for a chain restaurant and the portion size was ample. My friend had the peanut butter chocolate cake for dessert but I was too stuffed for that. Considering how convenient this was to our hotel's location and the highway, as well as the very good (not great) food, I can see why they were very busy. I enjoyed my meal and would not hesitate to come here again if I were in the area (or visit another of their restaurants).

Reviewed July 29, 2015

The service was great. The food was delicious. It was very busy and we were seated in the bar area. The waiter who took care of us exceptional considering he had to wait on others and he had to serve the bar also. I suggest they have a dedicated bar server.