“Great new restaurant and bar”
Review of Days on Front

Days on Front
Reserve with OpenTable
Days on Front is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 433 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Kingston, Canada
“Great new restaurant and bar”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Have been with friends a few times at this recently opened restaurant. Very nice decor in a fully renovated space. Friendly and accommodating staff with timely service. The menu has a good selection and all meals have been excellent. Requests for substitutions or cooking style are handled with ease. Prices are reasonable and portions ample. We will definitely be return customers.

1 Thank Snaps45
, Owner at Days on Front, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I really appreciate your kind words. I also really appreciate that you have already been several times to Days On Front. Our staff pride themselves on being very flexible with requests and I am glad to hear that you have noticed that.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“It's surprising...”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This new restaurant just opened, and I went for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised. The location is obscure, and I was not expecting much. But the wine list was very impressive - 40 wines under $40. I had a glass of Australian Shiraz for $8 and it was lovely. I ordered the club sandwich - grilled chicken and bacon jam. It was lovely! What I really appreciated was the size of the presentation - NOT too much. Usually a club has far too much bread, but this was just 2 slices of excellent bread with fresh chicken and the bacon jam was great. Served with a salad of fresh greens with apple and apple cider vinegar dressing. The service was fantastic. I checked out the dinner menu while I was there, and will definitely be back for dinner. Great spot.

1 Thank SoloCanadianGal
, Owner at Days on Front, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I am thrilled to hear that we surprised you with your dining experience at Days On Front. The McPherson Shiraz is a terrific wine and I am glad that you enjoyed it. I hope you to see you soon for dinner.

Thanks,

Kingston, Canada
“Not only do they have a clever name, they serve fantastic meals.”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Owned by Matt Day (the son of Aquaterra owner Clark Day), Days on Front is a welcome addition to dining options in the western part of the city. The restaurant itself is in the Reddendale Plaza, surrounded by rather dated storefronts. However, once you step inside, you are met by the pale grey walls, and clean and modern decor. The general atmosphere is calm, and family-friendly, with most of the clients we saw were being older couples and groups of friends.

There are two sections of the restaurant - a bar/lounge area (where we ate, as we had no reservations), and the main dining room. Despite the somewhat obscure location of this restaurant, it is a busy one, so I would suggest making reservations on weekends if you want to sit in the main room.

We ordered the scallops to start, and though the price was steep ($10), the quality made up for it. We got 3 flavourful scallops accompanied by bacon jam on top, pine nuts and a delicious puree sauce that I couldn't get enough of! For my main, I had the pickerel special, which came with sweet potato rounds, and a light, tangy, berry and arugula salad. The fish was seasoned perfectly, allowing the natural taste of the fish to come through. My fiance had the beef short rib, which boasted meat that literally fell off the bone (and there were four bones; it was substantial). Earlier on, he made the tough choice to choose the short rib over the beef special.

This is a place that I would highly recommend, with very reasonable prices for the quality that you get. It is not somewhere I can come regularly for dinner, but I look forward to visiting during lunch for more of their great taste at a slightly lower price point. A superb place for date night in the west end.

3 Thank catteee
, Owner at Days on Front, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you so much for your terrific review. I really appreciate that you also posted some photos of the food. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal. The scallops have quickly become our best selling appetizer. Hope to see you for lunch soon.

Kingston, Canada
“Finally Fantastic Dining in Kingston's West End”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Knowing the quality and consistency of the food served at the Day's other restaurants in Kingston. We were thrilled to see them opening Days on Front in the city's west end. There are a ton of chain restaurants , but nothing of quality or uniqueness on this end of town. Days on Front definitely lived up to our expectations. The owners serve as many local and sustainable items as they can. The service and friendliness of the staff was outstanding. Prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is great. I cannot wait to go back again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank R0ADTRIPPER77
, Owner at Days on Front, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Days On Front. We really appreciate your kind words. I am glad that you appreciated the reasonable prices and great atmosphere. We cannot wait till you come back either.