“Awesome Lasagna”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2015

This is a nice restaurant with a upscale casual vibe. The service was good and the food was good. I had the Lasagna for dinner, at it was awesome - large serving, very creaming and rich. Everyone in my group was happy with their food.

1  Thank Matthew206

Reviewed January 10, 2015 via mobile

I was looking for a nice place for my birthday dinner with my husband, and I wanted Italian. We decided to try Go Italian because the reviews were pretty good, it was close to home (we live in Amherstview), and the menu has a good selection of vegetarian options. Bonus points for having lots of free parking. We were not disappointed!

I made a reservation, and we were led right to our reserved table when we got there, about five minutes early. First impression was that it was going to be tight, at a small table close to other diners, but once we sat it was just fine. The atmosphere was just what I was looking for: soft lighting, quiet, intimate setting, without feeling too fancy. We were close to the front, but the back looked especially nice, with exposed brick. My only complaint about the restaurant itself was that, being in the front and close to the door, we got a draft every time someone came or went. It would be nice if there were two sets of doors to buffer that. So, I'm taking off a half star for that. It bugged me a lot to shiver every five to ten minutes.

Other than that, the experience was great. Our server was very attentive, giving us prompt attention as soon as we sat, and coming back in a timely matter to get our drink and food orders, bring coffee refills for my husband, check how the food was after a few bites, and to clear away dishes and bring our bill. I never felt neglected, nor rushed, which I'm sure is a fine balance for wait staff, and she did a good job of it.

As for the food, we did quite well. He had coffee, and I enjoyed a nice Rose wine. We ordered the risotto balls as a starter, thanks to positive reviews, and they were delicious: creamy, cheesy rice battered and deep fried into balls, served with marinara sauce. There were three of them, larger than golf balls, and I was quite satisfied with my one and a half, as was my husband. (Forgot to take a picture.)

For our mains, my husband decided on the cheese tortellini and I opted to get a salad instead of pasta this time because I was very tempted by the description of the Dolce Vita. He liked his, but thinks he should have gone for a pizza instead. I tasted it, and found it to be well cooked and the taste was nice, but nothing too special. The garlic bread that came with it looked good: not over toasted, and a substantial amount. As for me, I was very happy with my choice! The dolce vita salad was delicious. The grilled vegetable to greens ratio was less than I was expecting, but the good-sized chunk of Asiago cheese was a pleasant surprise. The dressing was yummy, and it filled me up perfectly. Very decent for a meal-sized salad, and I'll be hard-pressed to choose something different next time, I liked it so much!

We skipped dessert this time, as I had a cake waiting for me at home, but there were some nice looking cheesecakes in the cooler, so I'd like to try one next time. And there will be a next time - we need to try the pizza!

1  Thank Bromache
Reviewed January 10, 2015 via mobile

Visited with my mom and my 3yo. Food was very good, interesting selection of beverages. Nice atmosphere but quiet dark and cool temperature. Nice they had a kids menu. $70 for two main dishes, two drinks and a kids dish ($7).

1  Thank MelissaC621
Reviewed January 9, 2015

Extremely disappointed. In the middle of my meal with my daughter on our dinner date we were asked to move tables because someone else wanted our table. We got stuck at a table against the wall. I've never been so offended in my entire life. After all that the person didn't even end up taking the table. Why was that that person entitled to our table?! Then, comes to dessert and asked if we wanted it to go. I was dumbfounded, I've never been asked that before, at a dine in restaurant. I've never felt so unwelcomed, anywhere, ever. Was it because I was there with my young child? Who knows?! Not my idea of how you run a business. You won't be seeing my family or friends again.

7  Thank Laura U
Reviewed December 13, 2014

For 9 years, my wife has been on a mission to locate a restaurant with excellent fettuccine alfredo. Nowhere in Ontario has she found something good enough to match her favourite restaurant in BC. Until now that is. We had never eaten at this restaurant before, but after reading good things on Trip Advisor we decided to stop in for an early supper. The dinner rush had not yet begun so we were seated immediately and attended by a very pleasant waitress. Our starter salad, we both had caesars, arrived quickly and was excellent. For a main course my wife had the Tour of Italy which includes fettucine, lasagna and chicken parm. As I mentioned, she was extremely happy with her meal, especially the fettucine. I had one of the specials of the day which was bow tie pasta with shrimp, proscuitto, spinach, sun dried tomato and olive oil. It not only tasted fantastic, it was extremely well priced. Much lower than I would have expected. Overall it was an extremely good meal. The restaurant was smallish but clean and the staff was fast and courteous. My one and only issue was parking. The restaurant is in a small strip mall and co-located with two other restaurants and numerous other businesses. The parking lot needs to be at least double it's present size as it was full even before the dinner rush. So, if you can find parking, Go Italian is well worth the trip. I know we'll be going back.

1  Thank Pete D