“What a view”
Review of Jack Astor's

Jack Astor's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 493 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Happened to be in Kingston for the day. Beautiful weather. vendors market taking place in the square. Looked up and saw people dining on the rooftop of Jack Astors. Decided to give it a try. Elevators available to take to the rooftop. glassed in railing with chairs near the edge provided an awesome view of downtown. Food was delicious and the beer was cold. My wife received the wrong steak. The server was pleasant and apologetic. Her meal was comped without question. Even with that unfortunate mishap, we thoroughly enjoyed our Lunch/dinner on the rooftop. The menu was typical of Jack Astors, I thought the value was great. Glad we decided to give it a try.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

On a sunny day we enjoyed the view from the top floor terrace onto the Market and City Hall and on to Lake Ontario. The wine was good and the food delicious. Perfect relaxing lunchbreak with particularly friendly and helpful service.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Great location. Unfortunately, the bar service is appallingly bad and just an encouragement to go somewhere else. Which we did after our long awaited overpriced drinks. Just ruined our mood. The place seems to take itself for granted. Probably why it was half empty on a lovely Friday afternoon.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

So I arrived here with no expectations or not knowing if the place had what I was looking for (the poutine) the host received me, she was very polite and gentle at the end I decided to sit at the bar, the bartender introduce himself as Lockland {sorry if I am misspelling :( }He was soo friendly and gracious with all his details, the "have a great day" on the bill was a great service touch, the recommendations of food and drinks, he checked in on me later to know how was my first time in lifetime with the Poutine, the manager pass by, also very nice and polite checking in to see I was having a great time, definetly a great team working there, last but not least, thank you for the , I'll come back for sure before going home to do the beer tasting! Wish you all the success in the world!

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We just came from this nice restaurant and food was really good - Burger poutine and Salat are great! It was warm Sunday day and busy time. But service was fast and good too. We found this restaurant is pricey but we pay for good service and food.