“Good Food with Excellent Service'”
Review of Carmelinda's

Carmelinda's
Ranked #68 of 493 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 3, 2018

My wife and I have been going to this fine restaurant regularly for over 2 years. The food never disappoints and the service is fast and friendly. Breakfast, lunch or dinner menu is varied and consistently good. Appetizers like bruschetta are lovely, the soups are always very tasty. Morning, noon or evening the staff are welcoming. Try this place out you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 7, 2017

It's the consistency that brings us back to Carmelinda's, time and time again. For a recent "date night" we were once again treated to a lovely dinner - the haddock special with Caesar starter. Fish was poached to perfection, moist and very well seasoned, and the salad was excellent with lots of homemade croutons and crisp bacon. Unfortunately we were short on time so no rice pudding for dessert, but we'll make up for that some time soon. It's not a fancy spot and the décor has seen better days but that's very low on our list of priorities. Well cooked food at an affordable price with friendly staff will always get our business. We'll be back!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Having seen the positive reviews, I was curious to try this "local diner in a strip mall". Your probably know the type: oak chairs and banketes furnished with worn Formica tables. The usual fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pretty standard stuff that keeps the regulars coming back. My service was . . . perfunctory, while extensive conversations and recipe exchanges were undertaken with the regulars. None of this lead to slow service but certainly doesn't make me want to go back in order to escape my outsider status. It can make for awkward conversations being overheard, like two staff members discussing the lack of tip from particular customers.
I ordered the Eggs Benedict and a coffee(which I couldn't finish). The ham was thick and eggs were medium with a runny yolk as they should be, but it arrived in a soup of hollandaise sauce so deep it was too late for the English muffin. Home fries are deep fried but didn't last long in the sauce soup either.
Overall, it was a diner experience I won't be interested in repeating. Destined to remain an outsider.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 20, 2017

We have visited Carmelinda's several times. The food is very good, service is excellent. They tend to be visited by an older crowd, especially retired folks. The menu is Canadian home cooking. Well prepared and a good value.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Always great food, large portions, and friendly staff !!! I’ve never had a bad experience here. Some dishes take longer than others because meals are freshly made, just like at home. Favourite restaurant in Kingston by far

Date of visit: October 2017