“Delicious breakfast, excellent coffee, nice store, and solid service”
Review of Pan Chancho

Pan Chancho
Ranked #1 of 11 Bakeries in Kingston
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: Pan Chancho is a bakery and cafe that makes everything in house. In addition to our baked goods and sit down menu items, we have a large selection of salads, sandwiches and main courses available to go. Our kitchens make a variety of ready for the oven frozen goods, and we carry a wide selection of imported and local cheeses, groceries and home-made pantry items for our customers.
Reviewed October 22, 2017

Worth a visit to the store in front for delicious baked goodies, fresh bread loaves, cheeses, etc, and also head to the back of the store for some fabulous food. Had the Eggs Benny for breakfast a couple of times and was very very happy. Very good cappuccino as well. Worth a visit.

Go early!

joy m, Pastry Chef at Pan Chancho, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to send in a review. I'll let the kitchen know how much you enjoyed their Eggs Benny -- they are a new addition to our menu this fall and they'll be happy to hear your feedback about them!

Reviewed October 21, 2017

When in Kingston - you must stop by Pan Chancho. They have a sit down restaurant and a large take out section. Both are wonderful. All of my meals have been fabulous. The service is impeccable.

Their fresh bread is amazing. I love the olive rosemary sourdough. The cheese selection is great. It is always hard for me to leave here without buying out the entire store.

We're glad to hear you've so enjoyed your visits to the Bakery. Thanks very much for sending in your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We stumbled upon Pan Chancho while strolling through Kingston. What a find! They offer a wide variety of fresh breads, pastries, croissants, scones, prepared foods, and culinary gifts. We bought pain au chocolat, 1 sweet croissant, and one savory croissant - flaky and buttery delicious. No wonder this bakery is so popular!

joy m, Pastry Chef at Pan Chancho, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We're glad you happened upon us when you were visiting the city and we hope you enjoyed your visit to Kingston!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I was out wandering and looking for good healthy eats when I stepped into this amazing bakery. I felt like a kid in a candy store I wanted to try everything. The salad bar selection was incredible. The bake goods were so tempting...as I cashed out in hand I had Black bean salad, beets that were seasoned perfectly, the apple and fennel salad was also a great pick. kalamata olives real European. The package of baklava was truly mouth watering, along with a square of pecan tart, it was one of the best I've ever tried. ..Can't say enough about this bakery, simply the freshest and tastiest. Pricing tho is a little steep but I guess you get what you pay for. See you again very soon.

joy m, Pastry Chef at Pan Chancho, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

We're so glad you happened upon us when you were in Kingston and happy to hear you enjoyed your salads and treats. Thanks very much for sharing your review!

Reviewed October 10, 2017

We've become weekend take-out regulars at this well-established establishment. It takes some chops to be a fixture on the resto-bakery scene, but this place has definitely made its mark, consistently and for many years. We're very fond of the caraway-seed rye; the croissants (chocolate almond is nothing short of brilliant) are worth getting up early to beat the line-up at check-out . Cost: not cheap. Happy tummies: priceless.

joy m, Pastry Chef at Pan Chancho, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thanks for putting a smile on our faces ... I'll let my overnight bread bakers and chocolate almond croissant makers know how much you appreciate all their hard work!