“Always excellent food, home made pasta ...”
Review of Pasta Shelf

Pasta Shelf
Ranked #98 of 489 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 6, 2017

The Pasta Shelf is one of the best Italian eatery in Kingston. It's been a while since I reviewed this restaurant, so I thought I would do it a make-over, given that we had dinner there again in March 2017. As I said in my previous review(s), if you're looking for ambiance and decor, this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for genuine Italian food, home made pasta and excellent pizza, YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG with PASTA SHELF. People love this place so much that I'd be willing to bet that the lion share of their business comes from take-out. Whenever we're there, be it for lunch or dinner, the flow of people in-and-out for take-out is CONSTANT. They've recently added cakes to their menu, which are nothing short of sublime - no, I'm no kidding! So the long and short of it, if you're in Kingston and good food prevails over decor and ambiance, set your GPS to Pasta Shelf! You won't regret it!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Wanted to try this place for awhile now. Got the Chicken Parmesan sandwich. First of all the bread wasn't toasted. By the time I got back to work the sauce just made the bread very soggy. The chicken breast was extremely small and burnt. That's all you could taste. Unappetizing to say the least. The Wedding Soup was okay, but holy salt!!!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 13, 2017

We get food to go from this locally owned and run restaurant on a regular basis. They have been consistently good, and helpful when it hasn't, on occasion (which happens to all restaurant). Big fans of their take and bake pizzas on a weeknight and their take and bake pasta when we have to feed a crowd on short notice. This is family style Italian food at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed November 16, 2016 via mobile

We chose The Pasta Shelf because of the reviews on this site, but I must say we were not wowed by any means. We found both our dishes to be rather bland. The upside was that the service was good and the portion size was enough to bring home leftovers.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

My friend and I have been here many times. The service is always exceptional and so is the food. I'm never afraid to try something new because I just know it will be good. Very large portions of delicious Italian cuisine at a very affordable price.

Date of visit: November 2016