“Great!”

Ranked #62 of 1,218 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Shelly’s is casual dining in a friendly, welcoming atmosphere featuring natural earth tones and a warm stone hearth. There’s Always Something for Everyone at Shelly’s, making us the right place for winding down with a cocktail, enjoying a meal or catching a game in the lounge on the big screen. Shelly’s great food and great people make a winning combination!Drop in to enjoy culinary masterpieces from our kitchen - featuring healthy choices with the freshest ingredients. Shelly’s features ALL DAY BREAKFAST!, delicious Entrees, and our exciting Shelly’s Sensational Oven Roasted Chicken. Served Family Style, our chicken is slow roasted and rubbed with our secret blend of spices. We serve our Signature Dish with Warm Buns, Garden Salad, fries and Pasta on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Reviewed October 31, 2018

We were staying at the Best Western on a Friday night and went to the attached restaurant. What a surprise we had to find we needed a reservation. But no problem, there was room at the bar where we shared a meal and had a drink. Despite the full crowd, the service was good, food was great and we had a delightful time. We were very pleased.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

Reasonably busy restaurant with good ambience, The service was below par. The waitress never enquired if I needed a refill on my water. Also as soon as I had finished our meal, she asked us if we were ready for our cheque rather than encouraging us to sample one of their desserts or coffee. She seemed to be in a hurry to see us out when half the tables were still empty. Finally, I had ordered the fish and chips from the lunch menu which came with a side order of fries or salad or soup. I ordered the soup. I got both the fries and the soup but I was too busy in my conversation during the business lunch meeting to realise that the waitress had brought both and ate just one french fry. To my surprise I was charged close to 6$ extra for the soup. Given that I had chosen soup from the three options, to then be charged for it seemed a bit unfair. I did point this out to the waitress but to no avail. The fish was tasty but a small portion. The soup was average. All in all, a disappointing experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

After arriving just around dinner time at the Lamplighter Best Western, we thought it simplest to have a meal at the restaurant located in the hotel. We ordered the chicken and the fish and chips, both of which were good, diner style meals, but not exceptional. The service was somewhat slow although there were many empty tables. Because of the convenience, it is quite acceptable, but not memorable.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Best western plus Lamplighter and we wanted to try a restaurant in the hotel which is Shelly’s.

Overall the restaurant is a family friendly restaurant and price is good except for the 6 chicken wings $11.25. But the taste was good.

Also staff was very friendly.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

While at the Best Western we ate at Shelly's three times. Breakfast was filling and cooked to perfection. Dinner specials were decent except you get more carbs then meat. Salad and soup bar was ok, wish they offered ceasar dressing. Staff was always very accommodating and professional. Will definitely go back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Lamplighter_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Shelly's Tap and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to have you visit and thrilled that you dined with us three times! We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you visit us again soon.