Hotel Metro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscovent marketboutique hotelblu dubyopen conceptsoaker tubexposed brickaveda productsrain showerbudweiser gardensloft suiterose petalsheart of downtownsmall hotelbeautiful roomlocation is greatunderground parkingwhen visiting london
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Stayed at Hotel Metro, Dec.5. When we walked out of the elevator to our floor, there was brown marks on the carpet (looked like you know what), opened our door, and at first I was like wow this is really nice, but then I noticed that it was soo dark! I could even put my make up on because I couldn't see! No clock on the night stand, no where to put anything in the bathroom, except in the basket of rolled towels, so you know everyone must have done that too! Opened the drapes and there is no sunlight at all, we were actually facing other parts of the hotel, strange set up. The coffee and water glasses werent covered or wrapped so I didn't use them, of course the coffeee maker cord didn't reach the plug anyways.Parking was 13$ and kind of chaotic! Should have stayed at the 100$ place that has breakfast included instead! The only good thing is that it is super close to The John Labatts Center.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We stayed recently for 2 nights, and really enjoyed our stay. It's a fantastic location and the building is very interesting. It is a renovated heritage building so has a blend of modern in an old building, at least that was the feeling. In any case, very big rooms, big bathrooms, well appointed, high ceilings.

As others have said, the staff is fantastic all around, best we've had anywhere and this really makes the experience.

The location can't be beat - walked across to the market for breakfast, it's right next to the arena.

Great hotel - highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

We truly appreciate your taking the time to leave us a review. We take great pride in providing a great experience to our treasured guests.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I just recently stayed here on my trip from NY to Detroit. Downtown is hoppin and this is in the middle of it all. If you weren't looking you'd miss this small entrance hotel.
The staff was very accommodating. The room itself was very clean and modern. The clock radio plays your iPod but won't charge an iPhone. Still nice to have. My only complaint would be the open shower to the room. It makes showering too cold.
If I'm in the area, I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Me and my daughter stayed here for the avril lavigne concert for her birthday.the hotel was nice and the staff were helping in anyway they could.beside the hotel there is a restaurant also part of the hotel.we were talking to the waiter and a girl named candice at the front desk and mentioned that it was her birthday and wished to meet avril,candice tweeted avril for me!!then me 11 year old daughter were getting ready when we heard a knock on the door. We thought it would be a complaint but we opened the door and there was the waiter holding a cupcake in his hand for my daughters birthday.it was an avril lavigne type cupcake.when we walked across the street to the market the next morning we saw a custom cupcake place where he walked over and bought me a cupcake.overall outstanding experience!!we will be. Back!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Abbeydawn

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I was in London for business the last week of October. Called to make reservations a week in advance so check-in was smooth. The hotel is situated in the heart of downtown London right beside the John Labatt Centre and The Covent Garden Market. Lobby staff is very welcoming and helpful - always there to answer any questions. The lobby is connected to The Braise restaurant (they provide room service for the hotel).

Stayed in room 407 (top floor) which is a loft suite with a king bed. First thing you notice about the room is the amount of space there is. Room has a modern/ upscale feel with a view of the downtown buildings and Dundas St. below.

Room has a 37" Samsung flat screen, desk with bucket chair, leather chair, contemporary leather bench at the foot of the bed, leather headboard, full length mirror, walk-in shower w/ rain shower head, bath tub, iHome alarm clock, coffee maker, free wifi (wireless & wired), and a phone with FREE nation-wide calling...I absolutely liked this addition to the room because my cell company in the GTA (Robers) wanted to bill me long-distance charges for every call on my cell. The fan for the heat is a bit noisy but you get used to it (or just turn the heat down).

I would definitely stay here again; there are many restaurants and shops within walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Hallway was cold...but its a short walk from your room to the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank baxstar
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015