1,126 results
All reviewsvalet parkingsignature club roomvalet serviceself parkunique hotelrenovated roomfront desk staffbudweiser gardenshot tubdowntown areawould highly recommend this hotelstayed one nightking bedarmourybrunchloungeelevator
Reviewed July 8, 2018

this is a very nice hotel but I have to say I stayed at a holiday inn in Windsor that was much nicer. I was told this was one of the best in London. when I first entered the room it smelled very stale. :( I had my saje diffuser with me so I was able to fix that up. I had been traveling for a few days so I was tired. when I turned off the TV I could hear a man cough. it was so loud it seemed like he was right there in my room! my heart was racing! I was in a room that had an adjoining room (both doors were locked) but the sound was SO loud! I could hear him coughing all night!! I was so tired the next morning. I mentioned it at check out and nothing was done. they just said they would make sure I wasn't in that kind of room again. guess what? I won't be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank sarahputput
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear sarahputput,
We are sorry to hear your stay did not exceed your expectations and you were disturbed by noise from neighbours in the room next door. Some of our standard rooms do offer an adjoining feature and we aim to avoid placing guests who don't need this benefit in these rooms where possible, however, when we are at capacity this is sometimes unavoidable. We apologize that you did not get the restful sleep you deserved and do hope you will reconsider your choice to stay with us again. We have many room options that do not have adjoining doors and we are confident you will find them quite and comfortable.
We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to review our service standards and make changes when necessary to ensure we are meeting our guests needs at every opportunity.
Safe Travels!

Reviewed July 8, 2018

I was situated on the 10th floor, with a lovely view of London. The staff were pleasant and quick to see to my specific needs, they answered my questions, and made me feel quite welcome. The place was refreshing, calming, and provided me a wonderful place to stay while I visited for a convention. I can't recommend them enough.

Room Tip: The 10th floor, where we stayed, was roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Christopher L,
Thank you for your review and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. Your experience is what we aim to provide each and every guest who walks through our doors and we can't wait to welcome you back again!
Safe Travels

Reviewed July 4, 2018

Hotel is located in downtown London. It's a hotel that was converted from an armory. The restaurant and foyer still have the armory feel to it. I believe they built the hotel around the armory. Anyway, it was a nice hotel. Good room. The breakfast buffet is pricey and average. The beers in the restaurant are good. I would go back when in London again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear TravisRK,

Thank you for your review and Yes! you are correct, the hotel was once the original Armoury that housed the Royal Canadian Military and 1st Hussars for many years. It was built in 1905 and we celebrate our heritage proudly! Our 2nd floor hallway boasts many photos and artifacts from our military days. We're delighted to hear your appreciated our take on history meeting hospitality and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Overall, the staff were excellent, from the valets to the receptionist. The room was large, clean, bright and quiet, with a very good bathroom. Even the ubiquitous window-mounted air conditioning unit was missing, replaced instead by an in-wall unit that was the quietest hotel air-con unit I've experienced in many a year. Road and train noise was completely suppressed by the glazing. The location is excellent, with many local restaurants and attractions. The newer, tower part of the hotel is a lot smaller than it appears in photographs which gives it quite an intimate feeling which I liked.

The only negative, for me, is that the old armoury is now one, large open space, which includes the reception, and the two dining facilities. Unfortunately, it also houses the swimming pool and I found the strong smell of chlorine irritated my asthma. We had initially opted to have breakfast in the hotel but, after passing through the area a few times, opted to cancel eating there. This was a shame as the Sunday brunch looked enticing. I'm sure that the smell of chlorine will not be problematic for most but, it is something to be aware of if you have similar health issues. It wouldn't prevent me from staying at the hotel when we visit London next time as the room was on a high floor and therefore unaffected.

Overall, I very good hotel, in a good location, with excellent service.

Stayed: June 2018
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Dear FredBramble,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear that overall your stay was comfortable, quiet and enjoyable. We apologize that the chlorine smell deterred you from enjoying London's #1 Sunday Brunch in the Armouries Grille. We are in the works of making the change to a Salt water pool in the future although we don't have a definite on an transition date at this time. We hope this change will eliminate this unpleasant smell that can sometimes be off putting.
We appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to welcoming you to the Delta London Armouries Hotel in the future!
Kindest Regards,
Pamela N - Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2018

First off, I truly HATE hotels that don't provide a copy of the bill either by paper copy under the door, by email or by a PDF that can be downloaded from the hotel website. The majority of my travels are business related and spending time hunting down a copy of the bill for expense purposes is time taken away from far more important tasks. If a hotel does not provide the bill, then at least provide a means to contact someone for the bill. Nowhere on the hotel website is an email provided. If you dial the telephone # then you get a ridiculous menu of options that go nowhere. And when you finally make it to the end of pressing the various numbers you are put on hold forever.

I normally love Delta hotels but the infuriating experience of trying to retrieve a simple copy of my stay has turned this location off for me forever.

There are far better options within walking distance of this hotel. Plus all the other hotels nearby either email you the folio after your checkout OR have a means of retrieving it on their website.

Also, the self parking lot is behind the hotel and requires you lugging your luggage to a lot that is across a big street and behind another parking lot. This is ok in nice weather but do NOT come here in the winter where you have to struggle with your luggage through snow and sleet. Based on the service provided, it is criminal that this hotel would charge what it does.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcus K

Dear Marcus K.
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. A copy of your invoice has been emailed out to you. On the morning of your departure we had a system outage that was not anticipate and therefor the bills that are typically delivered under the door nightly were unable to be printed. We attempted to email as many folios as we could but yours was missed and we sincerely apologize. Our website does list our toll free number to the Marriott call center and I'm sorry they weren't more helpful with connecting you to a member of our team on property to assist. This is a serious of unfortunate errors that are not typical of our hotel and we do hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.
While our Self parking lot is a half block behind the hotel, we do encourage our guest to leave their car in our covered front lane and take luggage up to their room first after checking in before heading to the lot to park the car. Alternatively we have the convenience of Valet parking available as well.
Again we apologize for letting you down during your most recent stay. We do looking forward to welcoming you again!
Kindest Regards,