All reviews ihg member morrissey house turkey sausage yogurt underground parking dundas street free breakfast front desk staff budweiser gardens bed was comfortable stayed here for nights would stay again check in was quick bar fridge early check an upgrade one night stay
Reviewed June 29, 2017

Stayed here overnight on business. WiFi stopped working sometime overnight and was not working in the morning. Hotel staff dismissed it with a shrug and did nothing whatsoever to address this. Since I was there for business, not having WiFi access was a major problem. I felt like there was no acknowledgement by the hotel staff.

Also, the rooms were fine, but the fan was noisy and kept cutting in and out all night, making for a terrible night's sleep.

Wouldn't stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ShaheenaN, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Dear segacs,
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet our expectations. This is definitely not up to our normal standards. Our WIFI is above the hotel standard for speed, so this is definitely out of the ordinary. We have already taken steps to ensure that this does not happen with other guests. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2017

Room was small, and furniture showed ware. Hallways were hot as hell. However, beds were comfortable, and room was clean. Cannot comment on breakfast, as we did not eat there. Not the best part of town either, and was glad I could park underground both nights (although not secured). There is a great pub within walking distance (Ale House). I would seek other accommodations next time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ShaheenaN, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Dear ALGM,
Thank you for your review. We regret to hear that we were unable to exceed your expectations. We strive to offer a comfortable stay and we value your feedback. We are currently looking into upgrades to the hotel to offer a more hospitable atmosphere and we ensure safety and security is the top priority for all our guests. We hope that you will provide us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

What do you say about a hotel where the room was small, the hotel completely without amenities (not even a vending machine), air-conditioner noisy, breakfast uninspiring, and where the parking was extra even though the extra charges were never mentioned? I suppose i could compliment them for being clean, the check-in for being quick, but this is three-stars at best.

Room tip: Back of hotel better
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ShaheenaN, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Dear Mark16,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience. We regret that your experience did not reflect what Holiday Inn Express London has to offer. We have vending machines on 4th, 6th, 8th Floors of the hotel which are consistently fully stocked and as we are a great downtown location, we are fortunate enough to have onsite parking which we charge at the best nominal fee and is listed on all our reservation websites as a friendly reminder. Thank you for recognizing our cleanliness and efficiency of check in and we hope that you will provide us an opportunity to serve you better on your next trip to London!

Reviewed June 5, 2017

There are a couple of other hotels within a block - Delta and Hilton DoubleTree...do yourself a favour and book there.

We called the day before arrival to request early check-in as we were driving from Toronto to London for a 1pm wedding and wanted to freshen up before the ceremony. We were told to call a couple hours before arrival and it shouldn't be a problem. The person we spoke to was very cordial. We called again while in transit and were told it was not possible and nothing could be done, that we should have been aware of the 3pm check-in time. I explained the conversation from the day before and our situation to be told our room would not be ready. We arrived in London at about 11:30am so we stopped at the hotel to see if check-in may be possible anyway as we had more than an hour before the wedding – again we were told that there was nothing they could do. The front desk manager, K. Perez, was very curt and cold, almost robotic. I realize we were asking for a very early check-in but given the circumstances thought they may at least try to help. As an aside. I’m also an IHG rewards member with numerous nights at Holiday Inn hotels logged in the past year (which is clear from my points balance and was part of my reservation…no consideration for frequent patrons I guess). Also, the hotel wasn't remotely full, given the lack of cars in both hotel parking lots – not two dozen cars between both lots.

We returned after the ceremony around 3pm to check-in. Same person, K. Perez, but it was as if we'd never spoke - very strange. Repeated much of the same information and was then informed that booking policies changed in February and my rate was not valid, that I should have seen that on the website when I booked. I explained I had just stayed at a Holiday Inn in Halifax, NS, using the same rate discount in November and had no issues, and I didn’t see anything to negate my booking when selecting the applicable rate. I was curtly told that, as she already said, it changed in February and I would have to pay the full rate - $200 all-in for one night, just over $50 more than the booked rate. I was so discouraged and didn't argue as we needed to change quickly and head to the reception...so we accepted and paid.

We got to the room - king bed - to discover it to be the size of a NYC hotel room...extremely small. Very disappointing all around. To be honest, the small room likely wouldn’t have been an issue for us otherwise, but after everything we then walk into a room less than 200 square feet.

What was good? The location – but as I mentioned, there are several other hotels in the area. Friends stayed at the Hilton DoubleTree for less than we paid and it was really nice, from customer service, to amenities, to the rooms. Otherwise, free wi-fi…which is also offered at the other area hotels.

Save your money and book somewhere else...if you do stay here, make sure you call to confirm all the details of your booking, including pricing, to make sure what you've booked will be honoured.

Check my other reviews - of which I have lots from all over...I've had few unacceptable travel experiences over the past 10 or so years, and don’t remember ever having a customer service experience like this. No more Holiday Inn stays for us!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fariyal H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your comments. I am truly sorry you had this experience. We will be speaking with the staff and hopefully this will not happen again. I know this will not help you, but I am hoping it will prevent situations like this from happening in the future.

I would like to invite you back to stay with us complementary to show you what our services are all about. If you do decide to come back and stay with us, please feel free to contact me directly and I will look after your reservation.

Again I am very sorry.

Thank you.
Fariyal Hasham
fh@fansgroup.ca

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

Usually the only difference between these properties is the Staff and the Location.

Staff was great and location is great if you want a downtown hotel. Parking costs less here that other properties close by.

Very clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fariyal H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Have a great day!