“My favorite so far...”

Residence Inn London Downtown
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I travelled to London Ont for business and the residence inn was wonderful. I was on my own and it was almost like a mini vacation. The staff were courteous and friendly, the free hot breakfasts in the mornings were amazing and the room was better than i have been in before. I had a separate bedroom and kitchen. The room was clean and had ALL amenities required and then some. The price was certainly right. Wish i could've stayed longer....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I travel 100% for work and stay at Marriotts. This is an older building recently converted and upgraded and was a major success at creating one of the best in the chain.

The room was spacious - well equipped (did not need to ask for things not in the room that should be there) a decent workout room - a high speed internet that was truly equal to what we expect as being high speed - adequate laundry (however expensive - but then it's Canada) - great food fair at the daily breakfast and M-H dinner time. Add to that being located in one of the nicest towns and it equals a place I want to return to in the summer some time for vacation.

Take a close look at this one!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gsmitch13
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I reserved a one bedroom suite for a single night in October 2011. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite on check-in without asking. The suite was gorgeous. The kitchen and bathrooms were recently renovated. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes, pots and full-sized appliances. Each bedroom, and the livingroom, had a flat screen TV. There is some traffic noise during rush hour from the streets below. I recommend asking for as high a floor as possible.

The suite included breakfast. On the weeknight that we stayed, we were also provided with dinner. It was a simple meal of lasagna, rolls and salad, but it was fine and appreciated after a long drive.

The location is fairly central. We walked to the John Labatt Centre for a concert in about 15 minutes. There are several restaurants within an easy walking distance.

I highly recommend this hotel for short or long stays.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed at this Residence Inn twice and both stays were excellent.
The location was perfect. It was easy to find and was within comfortable walking distance to restaurants and amenities in downtown London.
Our two bedroom suite was very well appointed and plenty big for our needs.
There were many choices for the complimentary breakfast including hot and cold selections and good coffee.
Front desk and breakfast room staff were both friendly and professional. A late call to the front desk to complain about noisy neighbours resulted in immediate action.
We didn't have time to use the pool. Maybe next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2011

When a hotel room feels like an apartment, you know it's a good thing. The suites were fantastic - modern decor and convenient location. Breakfast buffet worked out well. Parking was adequate. Definitely the place to stay in London.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank YvonneS991
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The rooms/suites are spacious and luxurious, and the location is excellent. There is an extra charge for parking, however, which feels rather nickel-and-dime-like; and although the breakfast buffet has variety, the hot foods don't taste much better than bland and cardboardy. There is a handy convenience store next door.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on your last stay with us. I apologize for any short comings that you might have experienced. We do have plenty of options in terms of our meals offered both for breakfast & dinner. I would like to discuss this with you and if you can contact me when you have some time. Sincerely, Jeff Dennis

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Picked this hotel as pack of a block of hotels for a large convention sight unseen due to Mariott name. I wanted the leave the minute I arrived. Front door locked at 10 pm and the clerks response "we are downtown" - yikes!

Decor is good, obviously recently updated. Room ok - reasonably clean - stove was greasy - but started noting the disappointments right away: no bath tub, only a shower, no in-room movies and bad signal for cable tv, WiFi is free but less than 1.5 mbs and "very weak" signal everywhere in room.

Website says nothing about the pool access being the YMCA!!

Brought my family with me to relax and have some fun while I am working at convention, that's not going to happen here. As I write this I a only o. Right one - with three more to go in a sold out town.

• Stayed: August 2011
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Sir,

I would like to take this time to apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused you and your family during your stay here at our hotel. Could you please contact me at 519-433-7222 Ext: 70104. I would like to make things right moving forward and wuold like to discuss with you a possible solution. I look forwad to hearing back from you.