“Truly Enjoyed”

Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in London
Vaughan, Canada
“Truly Enjoyed”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

One of the best places I've stayed for a while. I was truly surprised to see LCD tvs in my room which I often don't find even at high-end hotels. A variety of restaurants were conveniently located around this motel, such as Tim hortans which was next door.... I didn't try the free continental- breakfast until my 3rd day but was really enjoyable which made this motel an even better place for my money. I will definitely recommend this place, best price for your money..

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Jake J
OwnerHojomidland, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Thanks you for your time and we appreciate your valuable feedback. This will encourage our staff and us for more offerings. Thanks again. Dilip P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toronto
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I came to london to visit family for the holidays and was amazed at what this place had to offer. This was one of the rare few motels I stayed at with large LCD screen TVs! Free Wifi internet, Free breakfast and everything I needed to stay for a few days with ease. Will definitly reccomend this place and will be sure to come back again. Thankyou :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry T
OwnerHojomidland, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Thank you for taking time to review our motel and providing feedback on our property. We appreciate your feedback and it provides a lot of encouragement to our team. We consider this as true mirror image of us and good valuation by customer. Thanks for your valuable response, Dilip P
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed in this motel at the end of August 2011 and it reminds me why I chose it. Great service, wonderful rooms and of course the HOT continental breakfast! No other motel chain quite compares to the Knights Inn.
I would like to say something more on few things like the Front Desk staff was very co-operative, well mannered and helpful. The other thing is the room was very clean well maintained. Location wise it was very comfortable for me as it was very quite and just 5 minutes drive for the Air-port and 7 to 8 to Down-town. The most important thing is it is affordable as they have very reasonable price. Now I am very clear that in future whenever I will go to London I will stay at this motel only.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank sam_9119
OwnerHojomidland, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2011

When we first checked in, there was a problem. We were 3 people and given one queen bed. I didn't think it would be so difficult to change room types, as single beds are usually more expensive than 2 double beds. When I asked the owner if we could have another room, he said it would be more expensive. He said it would be the cost of another night. When I asked him for a cot he said it would cost extra. Then I went back really upset and asked what we could do. He then said he could give us another room "For....ummmm.....30 dollars". So sketchy! He definitely could have done it earlier at no cost but felt the need to charge us 30 dollars more just to have another bed.
The room was gross. There was a mural painted on the wall which I thought was really weird. Oh! And to top it all off.....we were awoken at 3:30am by the POLICE kicking in the door a couple of doors down! We heard a lot of noise and looked out the window. There were saw about 3 cops decked out in full armor with helmets and guns and they were pounding in someone's door. The neighbor next to them opened his door and the cops yelled at him to get back inside. I was absolutely terrified!! Turns out it had something to do with drugs.
The people who hang out there and 'live' there are really sketchy we were even scared to take things out of our vehicle that we bought because they would stand outside and watch us. I couldn't wait to leave this place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Celia B
OwnerHojomidland, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
This customer came from Expedia. Was Not Shaw on Jun-25. No Shaw charges applied at 12:21:37 AM on Jun-26 (next morning). Customer asked for refund and we directed to Expedia. This is results of it. We have all recipets.
Ottawa
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I was only staying one night here in London on my way to Chicago so I didn't want to spend too much money as the rest of the vacation would be quite expensive. I booked a room here at the unbelievable price of $50 and prepared to cringe when I got there. Well I was very pleasantly surprised! The motel is dated and a little worn but my room is squeaky clean with a king sized bed, flat screen TV with tons of channels, air conditioner, microwave and bar fridge. The staff is helpful and friendly. My only complaint would be the number of towels in the bathroom (1) but that's no big deal. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank codeman1964
OwnerHojomidland, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and providing feedback on our property.

We appreciate your feedback and it provides a lot of encouragement and improvement ideas to our team. We will focus on your suggestions.

Thanks for your valuable response,

Collingwood
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed for one night with my two children. Several pro's and con's, but know that overall I think that the owners have sincerely done the best with a (seemingly) older establishment and the young man on desk was very friendly and welcoming.

Pro's:
Very inexpensive.
Happily surprised by two rooms in one - with adjoining doors from each bedroom to the bathroom and both rooms had king sized beds.
Colour tv's in each room (one of them was a flat screen - both were large sized.)
Fair selection of tv channels
Fridge
Microwave
CLEAN and neat.
Air conditioning in each room
Good locks on the external door and safety 'peep hole'.
Nice black-out curtains for good rest at night
Quiet.
Friendly, helpful, staff.
Comfy beds.
Large display sized alarm clock
Phone.
Big shower.

Con's:
Location - didn't feel like a very safe neighbourhood (girly joints etc. close-by) But I'm not comfortable in cities very much anyway, so that could just be a personal opinion.
Bathroom doors didn't close easily/lock
Stains on carpet and chaise lounge (due to age and useage, not cleanliness)
The long curtain covered one of the air conditioners so kept the cold air from accessing the room, but there were no blinds to use instead of the curtain for privacy - choice between privacy or air.
Cracked window.
No coffee pot.
TINY bathroom.
Not handicap accessible to the office (but the rooms led right out to courtyard, so they were okay.

Final thought - if you're comfortable in city environments in rather shabby feeling areas of town, and want a cheap, quiet place to stay, then this is a great location to find. Things were clean (major point) and they had obviously tried to refresh the room with care and fresh paint as much as possible.
It's not the Ritz - but then you're not paying for that either.
No perks, such as kids activities or fitness center - but this is a motel - not expected to have such facilities.
They do offer an included breakfast, but I didn't try that as it was early and one of my children (disabled) would have had a hard time managing the stairs.
As a stop-off point for a short or long-term stay, you could certainly do worse.

Room Tip: the two king room with adjoining bedrooms was great, if you don't mind that it's a smoking o...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank m0m04
OwnerHojomidland, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2011

Thanks
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stayed last year and had a wonderful time visiting the London area..Promised wife we would go again this year.. We just got back and would recommend this motel to anyone visiting the area..The room was spacious and clean and staff was helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seducer72
OwnerHojomidland, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and providing positive feedback on our property.

We appreciate your feedback and it provides a lot of encouragement to our staff and team. This will encourage all of us and our customers. Appreciate your encouraging comments.

Thanks