All reviews university hospital grand hall wooded area western university saw deer wedding coordinator the north end medical rate wild turkeys park like setting cold breakfast masonville mall wedding venue quiet location yogurt breakfast was included rooms are spacious
Reviewed March 23, 2016

My bride and I just had our wedding at Windamere and let me tell you our families are still talking about how great it was. From the venue's charm to the incredible food it was all perfect. Our wedding co-ordinator Danielle was fabulous and very attentive. The bartenders Mike and Carlos were so warm and friendly and attended to all my guests needs. The accommodations were also great plus you get a free romantic dinner and stay for your anniversary!

Room tip: Nothing, they are all great!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed March 10, 2016

I stayed here for one night, one night too long. The place is isolated. When I got there the dining room was closed. The mattress (in room 310) must have been 20 years old - soft, mushy, with absolutely no support. The air conditioner is very loud and kept coming on intermittently. The TV didn't work. I felt like I was in an Alfred Hitchcock murder mystery. It was the worst hotel experience of my life.

Room tip: Choose another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank bostontraveller56
Brittany L, Public Relations Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2016

Dear bostontraveller56,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us at the Windermere Manor. I am sorry to hear that we did not reach your expectations. We certainly take stride in accommodating all of our guests and I am sorry that we missed that mark with your overnight stay. All of our mattresses are less than 10 years old and generally we receive rave compliments about them, so I am surprised yours was not. As for the air conditioner and TV not working properly our maintenance department has fixed those issues.
I hope you will come again sometime and enjoy a peaceful overnight stay that does not remind you of a murder mystery.

Reviewed March 10, 2016

We have stayed at the Windermere now 4 times and are never disappointed. The check in and out is always smooth. This time we were on the first floor in a newly updated room. The bedding was fantastic! The appointments in the room and bathroom are top notch. To our surprise, when we returned to the hotel late in the evening we encountered deer on the side of the hill which was such a surprise. Just shows you that you are in the city but never far from the wild life. The breakfast buffet was in the smaller north room which wasn't as nice as the grand hall but that's okay. The hall was being set up for another event and also renovations. This hotel is like a home away from home. So close to University Hospital and also Western. Not many selections for the north end of London but this is by far your best choice.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2016

I am going to try to keep this short, but I cant make any promises as I have FAR too many good things to say about this place!

My husband and I just had our wedding at the Windermere Manor on Feb 6th of this year and I honestly cannot get over how perfect everything was. We continue to receive compliments from our guests about the food, the rooms, the staff, the building, etc. Everyone has been RAVING about our wedding and how lovely it was!

I want to start by THANKING the staff at the Windermere especially Danielle Shantz (wedding coordinator). Danielle was nothing short of amazing throughout my entire experience with her from the very beginning. I cant even begin to imagine how busy she must be with all the brides she works with, but I never felt ignored and I never felt that she was too busy to help me. She was very prompt with all her emails and got back to me pretty fast even during the BUSY wedding season when she was busier with other brides with upcoming weddings. Danielle was so easy going and so personable and she made us ALL feel comfortable when our families and wedding party came for the rehearsal the day before our wedding. She has a sense of humour which is so important and she made us all feel relaxed and right at home.

The day of our wedding I somehow managed to stay extremely calm throughout the entire day and I think Danielle is to thank for that :) Every bride I spoke to before my wedding always said to me "don't worry, things will go wrong and there is nothing you can do about it" but honestly, our day was FLAWLESS. I cannot complain about one single thing! It was relaxed and beautiful and everyone had a perfect day including me!

The food was absolutely amazing! I want to thank the kitchen staff for providing our guests and ourselves with such a beautiful meal! The waiting staff were so attentive and so kind and always made sure that we were okay and we had wine, etc. Dinner was quick and easy and we did not have to sit and wait for our food! I literally cannot say enough good things!

As for the hotel- the rooms are clean (coming from someone with OCD) and extremely comfortable. It's weird because I have anxiety that unfortunately causes me to HATE staying anywhere other than home, but I felt very comfortable here and OMG were the beds ever comfortable!!!

Like I said- we continue to get compliments about every aspect of our wedding and it honestly brings me so much joy that our guests enjoyed our day as much as we did. Every detail was perfect and I honestly cannot wait to come back for our COMPLIMENTARY 1 year anniversary stay :) THANKS Windermere!!!!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2016

We have stayed at the Windermere several times. It is aways consistently clean, the beds are comfortable and the suites are roomy.
The staff is very friendly and efficient.
Although we have not tried the new dining room, as it is under renovation, we enjoyed the complimentary " healthy" breakfast. It is a pleasure to dine with lined linen napkins and tablecloths and skilled servers.
The location is enchanting and the wildlife( deer and wild turkeys) most interesting.
The local honey is delicious and is collected on site!
A perfect locale for a wedding or anniversary celebration.

Room tip: The third floor suites are wonderful.
Date of stay: February 2016