All reviews grand hall university hospital wooded area western university saw deer wild turkeys medical rate park like setting the north end cold breakfast masonville mall family wedding quiet location yogurt rooms are spacious living room third floor
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Definitely needs to be refurbished. Decor is something I expect to see in my Grandma's house! Yes, I understand that it is a manor, and I have an appreciation for heritage buildings (as a historian), however, this was just unacceptable. The bathroom needs a good bleach and major refit, the wallpaper, every aspect needs modernizing.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Gwen W, Front Office Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Your comment about the wallpaper makes me think that you were not in one of our 33 refreshed rooms. In the new year, we will be doing the last floor, as far as painting and redecorating. Perhaps if you were to come back to visit, you may wish to ask for one of those newly refreshed rooms or suites.
All the best in your travels and we hope that you will give us another try!

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Our suite was comfortable and clean, if a bit dated and worn. The continental breakfast was basic in content and minimal in quantity. Basic fruit - watermelon, grapes, orange segments, white and brown wonderbread for toast, plain bagels, mini-croissants, yogurt, a few slices of brie and some cereal/nuts/museli. Hard-boiled eggs in very difficult to remove shells. No muffins. Honey, jam, cream cheese and peanut butter rounded out the table. We had to ask for the table to be refreshed both mornings as the bread, cheese, fruit and condiments had all run out. The manager was not very friendly and it seemed he'd rather we ordered an a la carte breakfast and paid for it. Dinner was also very disappointing. Very high prices with small, over-cooked portions. I ordered the Maple Glazed Chicken. It was tasty, if a bit dry, but was a very small portion - it could easily have been a cornish game hen breast.Green beans were so over-cooked they were flat and completely soft and floppy. We sat down at 7pm and received our mains at 8:25. Nobody had ordered appetizers so we made do with bread and wine during the wait.The room was only about 30% full, so we couldn't understand the long wait.On the plus side, our server was very friendly and apologetic about the wait for our mains.

Room Tip: We had a suite - it was worth the extra cost for the kitchenette and sitting area.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Jordan H, Public Relations Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Hello jimintoronto,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your recent visit at Windermere Manor. As a valued guest, your comments are vitally important to us.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory dining experience. I can assure you that as a valued guest, your comments regarding food quality & service are appreciated and I view them as highly constructive. We are truly sorry we did not meet & exceed your expectations in all aspects of your visit. We have
looked into the matter, forwarded your concerns to our management team and have uncovered some opportunities here to help us better succeed in the future.

If given the opportunity, we would love to welcome you back and ensure that you are given the best experience that we have to offer. Thank you again!

Reviewed October 29, 2017

I recently had my wedding at the Windermere Manor and everything was wonderful. It started off a little rocky, we were passed around 2 different coordinators until we finally ended up with Lesley. She made sure everything went perfect on the day of and beforehand was always available to answer any of my questions. The food was amazing, our families wont stop talking about how great it was, and the wine at dinner was very generous.
The "backyard" is beautiful and many of our photos were taken outside with the beautiful fall trees.
We stayed 2 nights at the Windermere Manor and our stay was pleasant. Free breakfast in the morning (if you're up early enough) and any time we asked for more blankets someone would bring them right away.
Only downside was the DJ was told to stop playing music at 1am even though it states in the contract that Windermere Manor closes at 2am.
Other than that everyone had an amazing time and we were very happy to have had our wedding at the Windermere Manor. Will be back next year for our anniversary.

Room Tip: The suites are beautiful and huge. Both the "living area" and the bedroom have a TV! It also has a mini fridge, and a table to eat at.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello carlyannem2017,

Thank you so much for your review about your recent wedding here at the Windermere Manor. As Consumer Choice Best Wedding Venue for two years consecutively we take pride with each wedding we host. Our Wedding Manager; Lesley Rebry; is an asset to our team and loves planning each of her couples wedding days.

We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your experience, and have forwarded your comments to our team. We strive to provide exceptional service and we are happy to hear we met those expectations. We wish you all the best during your first year of marriage and look forward to having you celebrate your one year anniversary with us.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

Stayed here one night - wonderful hotel. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and polite (we received a discount price as we were heading to the hospital first thing the next day). The rooms were clean and comfortable - complimentary breakfast was very good as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - beautiful grounds and so quiet.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Lesley R, Public Relations Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Hello Jellybean99Toronto,

Thank you for your review of Windermere Manor. Our staff are always more than happy to assist our guest with whatever they need to make their experience more enjoyable. Windermere Manor is tucked away in the Western Research Park and is a beautiful escape from the busy city of London. We hope you will join us in the near future!

Reviewed October 12, 2017

I recently stayed here for 4 nights when my husband was at University hospital. I parked my car and did not have to move it for the time I spent here. It was a pleasant 15 minute walk to the hospital either down the road or through the woods. The location is like a park setting. The first night there is saw deer but unfortunately did not see the wild turkeys. The breakfast (which is included) was a great way to start the day. The choices were good, the dinning room was beautiful and the view out the windows was awesome. It was such a joy after spending the day at the hospital to know I had my cozy room to return to. I purchased a few items to stock the fridge so I could have a simple supper on my return. The staff were all very friendly (Katie was a sweetheart) and I even had the chance to have a chat with the Front Office Manager, Gwen. I told her how pleased I was with everything and how happy I was that I had discovered this very special place. They also offer a medical rate which was very much appreciated. If you stay here be sure to buy some honey...yes, they even have their own been hives. I also walked to the mall (Masonville Place) and it was only a 20 minutes walk. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a suite because the standard rooms were all booked and I'm glad I did. On the second floor and my view was of the forest. Very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Hello Barb R,

Thank you for your kind words and for your review about your stay with us. We hope your husband is doing well. With being located close to the University Hospital, Western University and Masonville Mall, it is one of the main reasons why guests love to stay with us! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day which is why we have it included with your stay. We will pass your kind words to Katie and the rest of our staff. Our honey is always available for purchase at the Front Desk! We hope to see you again soon!