All reviews room was clean non smoking would stay here again white oaks mall hojo motel hwy rates ontario
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Staff was friendly. Room was relatively cheap. But the beds and bathroom were dirty. There was hair in the tub, on the washcloth and on the bed sheets (pubic hair!). The breakfast was sub-par but there was plenty of seating. Do not stay here.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

I booked this motel through Orbitz and their site won't let me post my rwview or photos. Howard Johnson wouldn't let me cancel my reservation; told me I had to cancel with Orbitz. Orbitz said I had to cancel with Howard Johnson. Bottom line - can't get my money back for a 5 day stay for which I only stayed 1 night.
Dog hair in the frig. - see photo #1, and shower, human hair on the pillow, bed and shower, something dark and dried ( poo or blood?) on bathroom floor - see photo #2, frig dripped all night and left puddle on floor right by sink where electrical plug is to use for hair dryer, etc., bed hard, chest drawer wouldn't open due to handle missing, room too dark even with all lights on, lots of noise from the hallway and other rooms (although it was Canada Day), no tissues, pen, paper, motel directory, town directory, fitness room a joke - treadmill and cycle broken and not usable, recumbent cycle seat not in correct position, air conditioner in fitness room not working.
Compare photo of shower curtain on motel's website page to my photo #3. The website photos are not what it actually is like!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed July 18, 2018

The staff was very bad. Walk away from you while talking bad. (And no, we were not being rude or anything) No one covers front desk. We sadly made another non-refundable reservation and we simply are going to eat the money than stay here.
Otherwise it was just ok. I have never had such horrible rude service and I have had bad service before. Not just one employee either so I am shocked by friendly staff reviews. Manager was asked to call and never did. We called again to talk and still no return call. Not even interested anymore.

Room tip: Don't stay here unless it's under new management
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mrs_SuzeyQ
Reviewed July 5, 2018

Even though it had been a year since my last stay, the staff at this hotel recognized me and made me feel like a long lost friend. That's a trait difficult to train. And something that puts an added bonus on any trip away from home.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 11, 2018

At about 04:00 the morning we were leaving 6/8/2018 our next door neighbor felt a need to start arguing quite loudly. Woke us both up, we did report it upon check out the, only response by the front desk clerk was well you know how Canadians are. A Simple apology was all we wanted.

Have a Great Day