“Nice but overpriced”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Windsor, Canada
“Nice but overpriced”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We recently spent 2 nights here. This was a clean beautiful hotel and a beautiful room, nice decor etc. However, I did think it was over-priced and I think I would stay at another one of the hotels in the immediate vicinity next time. Here's the pros and cons:

PROS
-exceptionally clean (thank you!)
-great comfy king bed and linens
-good heat/cool unit
-large room with kitchenette
-liked the vanity with drawers to put your stuff in
-nice front desk staff, easy check in and out
-our room was towards the back of the hotel and we could not hear any traffic

CONS
-'hot' breafast items were cold! Both mornings. The fact this place had breakfast included was one of the reasons we chose this hotel.
-the headboard at the bottom did not seem attached to the wall or something, so every time one of us would move our pillows or lean on it, the thing would bang the wall (sorry to the person on the other side of the wall). I tried to push the mattress against it more to hold it down, but come on!
-No bathtub (shower only) in the 'King studio'
-hot tub out of order during our stay
-TV--OK I know this sounds stupid but . . . If I was a kid I easily would have accidentally bought a movie! When you turn it on of course it promotes the movies for you to buy etc., but we thought it was confusing how to get to the regular TV channels (and we've never had a question with that type of thing anywhere else we've ever stayed).

All in all an above average place to stay. Perhaps I was expecting more because of the price.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank runningawayfromhome2
Homewoodhotel, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I respect your candor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your suite and that our housekeeping was above par. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I apologize that you did not have a satisfactory breakfast meal; we will look into ways to ensuring that each meal is hot for every guest. In direct response to your review, we looked into repairing the bed so that it no longer shifts. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Windsor, ON
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We recently travelled to London, Ontario to visit some friends, and stayed the night at the Homewood Suites on Bessemer Rd. For both of us, it was our first time staying at the Homewood Suites.

I must say...the front desk employee was extremely helpful and friendly upon our arrival. I believe she was the manager, but her name escapes me. She introduced herself, told me a bit about the property, amenities, and services offered. She then explained to me that a complimentary meal was being served in the lobby between 5 and 7pm. We enjoyed cabbage rolls, steamed veggies and garlic mashed potatoes! It was all very good.

The next morning we were treated to a hot breakfast also, which was decent, as far as hotel breakfasts go!

Our room was nice and spacious, and fairly modern in decor. My only complaint about the room was the thermostat would not respond to what temperature we put it to. It was set to 75 degrees F, and we tried turning it down the whole stay, which didn't seem to change anything. The AC kept turning on and off at even intervals, no matter what the temp was set at. Made for a bit of an uncomfortable sleep. Also, the next time I visit, I would bring my own pillows, as the ones supplied are of poor quality.

Overall, a very good property, good location just off Highway 401 and near lots of shopping and restaurants. I would stay here again, especially if we got a good rate. I will most likely return, mainly because of the friendly service and great food!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Hi 12688,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us for your first Homewood Suites experience! We are glad you enjoyed our warm Homewood hospitality and appreciate the feedback on the thermostat and pillows. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

Thanks!

Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a one bedroom suite. It was quite comfortable for 2 adults and 2 children. It had a nice kitchenette which definitely adds to the experience when travelling with children. The breakfast was great. The kids and adults were all happy.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite was big enough for a family of 4 to be comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Dear onvoyage_3,

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your kind comments about the hotel suite and breakfast. We hope to see you soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I got a great deal for this hotel through Priceline and I thought that it might not be as good as the other reviews had suggested seeing that my price was so low. It was better than expected. I had two rooms, both had king sized beds, with a living room area and a kitchenette. The room I stayed in had a whirlpool. The hotel was clean, modern and the rooms were immaculate. We found some great restaurants just one block down. We were only passing through but I'm glad that we stopped here. By the way, breakfast was great too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Dear Msmo4461,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Homewood Suites. We are glad you liked our hotel, our breakfasts and enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for your business, and we are happy to hear you will be returning. Wishing you safe travels!

Thanks again,
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed here for one night in one of their suites. What a find. In UK prices it was less than £100 including breakfast for a family of 5. The suite was immaculate and very well equipped kitchen. We had to setup the sofa bed for the two older children and they took a long time delivering the crib late at night which was a bummer. The inclusive breakfast had all of the regular expected choices (cereal, waffles, eggs, bacon etc....). , I really recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Keave73,

Thank you so much for your gracious review of your recent Homewood Suites stay. We appreciate all your kind words and are happy you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope you plan to return again soon and wish you continued safe travels!

Thanks again,
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stayed here using Hilton Honors reward points because it was the same number required as the Hampton Inn across the street and I guessed (correctly) that you get a bit more in this Hilton brand since it is geared toward comfort for longer stays. I had stayed in an older Homewood once before and had mixed feelings, so I wasn't sure how it would go. But his property is quite new, the room really well laid out and nicely appointed. There's a lot of space in the King studio type room I had with a nice sitting area opposite the sleeping area. The TV can rotate in either direction to accommodate where ever you are sitting. The breakfast was great.

Room Tip: don't stay on the first floor - most of the rooms are too near the meeting rooms and fitness are...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Hi travel-here-there,

Thanks for the great review! We are glad you decided to stay with us and appreciate the kind comments about our hotel suites. We hope you will consider staying with us if you visit in the future.

Thanks!

Amherstburg, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We haved stayed at the homewood many times and every time is a great stay. Nice pool,hot tub and breakfast.

Room Tip: Tip is when you call ask for family rate, it;s cheaper than any advertised price.
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Hi globo1991,

We appreciate the great review! Thanks for your positive comments about our pool area and breakfast. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!