“Best Calamari!”
Review of Fionn MacCool's

Fionn MacCool's
Reserve with OpenTable
Fionn MacCool's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,107 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Description: We are a social house, an extended living room, with a focus on strong community roots. The old village pub would have bought fresh fish from the neighbourhood fisherman, their bread from the mill, and the beef and vegetables from the farmer down the way. We believe in sourcing great tasting ingredients from responsible Canadian family farms we know and trust. Combine that amazing pub food with local Celtic roots entertainment every weekend and you have an amazing little pub to call your own.
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Our first visit and not last! We end up having 2 orders (great portion) of thick cut calamari which are the best ...caesar salad and of course fish & chips and coleslaw
Our meals were full of flavor and spices paired up with a good wine served by very pleasant and attentive waitress Kasia
Great experience and great food!

Pete L, Owner at Fionn MacCool's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Hi KatharinaB9,
Thank you so much for the shout out to Kasia. She's a real asset to our team. It's nice to hear you enjoyed your visit to the pub. This is your reminder to return...it's been a week already ;)

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Our hockey team and parents had lunch here on a Friday. Even though we had a reservation, service was slow. It took quite a while for them to get our drink and food orders. It took a long time for food to come out too. My husband had the the special which was shepherd's pie. My daughter had the fish and chips. My son had the chicken fettuccine. I had the fish tacos and fisherman's chowder (noticed $2.00 charge for chowder on bill afterwards - upgrade for side?). We all enjoyed our food. I especially enjoyed my chowder. Chowder was creamy and had good flavour. You can't seem to go wrong with anything you order from the menu which is a good sign of a great restaurant. Our waitresses were friendly and tried their best to serve our large group. Overall, very good food and good service (considering we were a large group).

Hi Qfamily5,
Thank you for the review. I agree with you about the chowder since my team "forces" me to enjoy a daily ration! Large groups are challenging, but our system usually works a little smoother than you experienced plus we get a lot of practice with the large hotel right next door.
I hope we see you again on your travels.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

That was an enjoyable visit with a great waitress Dani. The meal was wonderful and the mushroom and steak pie was delicious.
We will be back.

Hi AcapulcoFred,
Thank you for the review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and Dani's service. She's terrific!
I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Great Food and exceptional patio service from our server Mariah. Ordered the chicken tacos. Crazy spicy, caused me to sweat profusely, Mariah actually wiped the sweat from my forehead. Now that's service!!

Hi Chris C,
Mariah is a BOSS! We are very lucky to have her.
So glad you enjoyed your visit. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The meal was OK but what wasn't was the table and seating. We sat in the window area that overlooked the parking lot. That was OK but the chairs were so close,I mean back to back, that getting in and out, was darn near impossible. The table was tacking, the menu's stuck to the table, the spaces between the wood that made up the top of the table was dirty, not impressed. Our waiter was perfect, fast, great timing, he didn't miss a beat.

Hi mgrubs,
Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. I'm sorry we didn't make your stay comfortable (that's why most people come to the pub...comfort). I hope you give us another try as we have addressed your concerns.