“Must Try - Better Than Other AYCE Sushi Restaurants”
Review of 168 Sushi Buffet

168 Sushi Buffet
Ranked #698 of 1,841 Restaurants in Mississauga
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have over 168 Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai Cuisine Items in our All You Can Eat Menu. There are 150 seats available in our restaurant, which includes a 30-seats party room ready for reservation for your conferences, annul festival and celebration party. Salad & Dessert Bar is available, come in to try varieties of seasonal salads and soups. Crab Legs (Fri, Sat, Sun, Holiday Dinner Buffet) Shrimps (Mon-Thu Dinner Buffet) You can create your own secret recipe at our ICE SHAVE BAR.
Reviewed June 26, 2017

One of the few sushi buffet restaurants that everyone needs to try.

Located south of Mississauga, very near the Oakville border, this sushi branch has been at this Dundas Street location for some time now. Just about a couple of years ago, it went through a massive renovation. Their interior design is a little on the dark side with several pot lights and fluorescent lighting that accents the purplish-pink decor throughout.

The food is mouth-watering as they carry all the sashimi, sushi rolls and makis and some Chinese and Korean dishes for all to enjoy. Before their renovations, they used to make their maki rolls equal to the size of bowling balls which made it very difficult to fit in your mouth and lessened your appetite to try other foods on the menu. They probably listened to some complaints and made their portions smaller with less rice inside their maki rolls. Now, portion sizes are much better and I can honestly say that all sushi and sashimi will melt in your mouth.

Notes:
* Watch out for the broken tiles and potholes in the parking lot before you enter the restaurant.
* Coincidentally they started using the Ipad menu system shortly after Heart Sushi opened their doors several years ago. When they used to have the old pen and paper system, our orders would be lost half the time.
* Tell the server that you are willing to pay cash and they will take 5% off the final bill.

For more food reviews and blogging, check out my blog listed in my profile.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

I have noticed a couple of price jumps in a short period of time making us question the value. There have been more order mistakes and today the Kalbi arrived after everything was done. The tempura batter has been played with and is not consistent. Most of the servers are very good but we still have to reconsider the value. The hand dryer in the ladies washroom has been broken for awhile but no paper towels are supplied, you have to use toilet paper.

1  Thank willie421
Reviewed May 24, 2017

I've been coming here for sushi buffet for years. Unfortunately, my recent visit will be my last due to their changes.
First of all, they changed their menu limiting the offering including my favourite Salmon Rose no longer included in the lunch menu.
Secondly, they had made some changes and food quality has suffered. Both my friend and i looked at each other after trying dishes we ate there all the time with a surprised (and disappointed) look.
When I approached the manager, he simply stated that they made changes. No apology, regret or anything... just stating a fact... not very friendly.
Looking for a new sushi place... any recommendations?

6  Thank ChrisW-Tor
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

This place is a must to try, they are excellent in terms of service, food quality-2 thumbs up! I don't have anything else to say, ALL POSITIVE! Keep up the good work and always put the customers 1st

Reviewed May 10, 2017

We love going to Japan Buffet for a treat at lunch on a regular basis. The food is awesome! We have tried other places and always come back. We are Vegan and they have TONS of options. I went for my birthday and our server brought me a free desert. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this place!