“Good place to stay”

Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Hamilton, Canada
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stay here for work about 15-18 days out of the month and it's one of the better comfort inns I have stayed at.

Room Tip: The rooms on the main floor have sliding doors
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Hello,

It is great to hear that you are enjoying your stays with us. Thanks for the feedback, and for picking this Comfort Inn!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Decided to stay at this hotel due to an early flight to Florida and that they had 24 hour shuttle service with parking included in a package. When arriving check in it was okay. We were instructed on where to park our car and we booked our shuttle for the next morning . We were told that the shuttle runs on the hour.

It was clean and a little out of date but was comfortable as we were only going to be sleeping here and flying out the next morning. They had free internet service and a printer so were able to check into our flight for the next morning. The walls were quite thin as the people next door kids were quite loud and we could here them receiving their wake up call after us.

This where the hotel really lacked is their shuttle service . Arrived in the lobby 10 minutes early to ensure that we did not miss them. The bus ended up pulling into to the hotel 20 minutes later than booked. I believe he would not get stuck in traffic due to the fact it was 300 am. The hotel also failed to notify us that the hotel shuttle would be making another stop along its way. Fortunately we just made our flight .

The trip home I could not believe would be such a disaster. Called the hotel once we had picked up our baggage. Was told that the driver would be there in 20 minutes and go to the ground floor in Pearson. This was around 1545 on a Sunday. Arrived at the post to ensure that we were there and not to miss them. As I stood out there no shuttle arrived. All the other shuttles arrive not once but some of them twice while we waited. Called the hotel again from our cell phone was told by the girl that he was on his way and be there in 5 minutes. Little did I realize that the shuttle would be in such disrepair and not marked . The driver got out of shuttle when I asked him, his response that he had just started 10 minutes ago and then proceeded to put up his sign to indicated that he was Comfort Inn . The condition of the van was something else it dirty worn, rattled , was huge step for anyone getting in and no help for the driver. The interior also dirty , seats torn and seat belts broken and missing

I will not be booking ever again into this hotel as I would be afraid not surviving the trip home in their shuttle .

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank happywander408
Dear guest,

I would like to apologize for the experience you had with the shuttle service. Thanks for the detailed response which helps us focus on improvement. I am glad to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, our shuttle company does service other hotels as well. This is normal with a lot of hotels. The shuttle was late, which should of not happened. We have had a recent change in ownership and are trying to perfect our shuttle service. We now keep a record of each call for pickup that comes from the airport to hold the shuttle company accountable. I would like to invite you back to try one of our deluxe rooms and it would give us the opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve. Please contact me directly on your next trip so I can personally take care of you. Thanks.
Ottawa
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I stayed at the Airport West Comfort Inn many times from 2006 to 2008 for business in Toronto.

The rooms are fairly basic but very clean, with more recently updated furniture. It is relatively quiet considering how close it is to the airport. The restaurant (Golden Griddle) has older decor, but always servered good food when I ate there. I never had a problem with their wireless internet at all. The hotel is a little bit far from anything in the way of nightlife, however. I had extended stays in October of 2008 and spring of 2008, and you have to drive quite far for much in the way of shopping or evening activities. I ended up going downtown anyway. The parking lot is not secure, but parking is ample and free, and I never had any problems.

For the money paid, this is an excellent hotel to stay at.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank TrvlnTech
Hi,

Thanks for your detailed review. We are glad to hear that your stay was positive. We have recently done some renovations adding some deluxe rooms with a very contemporary design. Come check us out!
Timmins Ontario
Reviewed 2 June 2009

May 22 and 23, my wife and I were in room 238. The room was good, clean and the staff was great.

The 23rd, I needed stamps, so I went to the desk to mail 5 envelopes containing bills and respective payments due by month end. All mailings were to Toronto area addresses.

I asked when the envelopes would be mailed and the lady at the desk told me "They would be mailed that day."

Yesterday, June 1st - 8 days later, I was trying to reconcile my cheque book only to find that none of the cheques mailed by the hotel had cleared.

I called the hotel to ask if perhaps my envelopes might still be there. I was told they were not in the mail drawer, but no one could tell me for certain if they had been mailed or when.

The lady (sounding a little upset with my questions), explained that "Sometimes it's the mail service". I said thank you very much.

I then went to my bank and put a stop payment on the five cheques. I came home, called all the companies concerned and explained what had happened. I re-issued new cheques and mailed those out myself.

I am not blaming the hotel for the missing envelopes in any way, but I will from now on mail all my envelopes myself.

By the way, I was back at the same hotel this past weekend and noticed that there is a mail box just across the street from the lobby. The cost of a stamp is $0.58 but the charge to mail my envelopes was three times that amount. I guess I will carry stamps with me to.

All in all I will stay at this hotel again in the fall as I find it convenient to my business needs and the staff is really great.

Have a nice day all.

J Roy - Timmins
Choice Club member

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
comfort123, Management at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this review, 4 October 2009
The experience with the mailing issue was unnecessary. With the new ownership and new management, we make sure the mail is sent out daily as we have a lot of mailings to go out each day. If we would of known this issue, we would of made sure that the mail got out that day. Since the mail box is right across the street, this is a very easy task that all guests should never have any issues with. My sincere apologies. In the future, management should be contacted directly if any assistance is needed. Thank you.
Ottawa
Reviewed 27 April 2009

The rooms are clean and comfortable with wireless Internet available and no performance issues, although signal strength was a bit low sometimes such that the connection had to be reestablished.

Since the hotel is very close to Toronto's Pearson Airport it seems to be a popular transit point for travelers. On occasion this meant that it could be a bit noisy at strange hours of the night.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
barrie
Reviewed 4 April 2009

It was a great location close to the airport and shuttles run as early as 3:40am every hour. mind you is not a secure parking but nothing happened to our vehicle. checked in on april 02/09 at around 8:pm great service at front desk, young lady was really helpfull. we were booked in a second floor room but when she notices we had lots of luggages she offered to move us to a ground floor room. really clean and appealing room, restaurants close by, golden griddle right beside them. front desk clerk notified us of the discount at various restaurants around the area. they provided us with things we had forgotten, such as tooth brushes and tooth paste. there is a charge for parking but since we stayed in a park&fly rate. as far as am concerned it was a great stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your view during your stay with us. We do a lot of park and then fly packages and try to be prompt with the shuttle timings and having clean rooms. We have a great front desk team which try's to make each stay enjoyable. Thank you.
NL
Reviewed 22 June 2008

No elevator, had to carry bags up two flights of stairs, no help available, bags were over 50 lbs. Night staff less then helpful. Room not up to par, corners dirty. Stayed through Air Canada due to flight cancelled. Would not stay again

• Liked — It had a bed
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dgsmith
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this review, 4 October 2009
The hotel is under new ownership as of the end of July.2009. The current management are very hands on making sure guests are helped with bags and any other service required. Extensive renovations with staff changes are definitely going to help with room upkeep and image. Making guests feel like they are right at home is an everyday goal for the new owners.