“Over Priced”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed May 14, 2017

The food was ok...the service was rushed until we told them to slow down, which they did...nice decor...in an out of the way location. Our main concern was with the portion sizes for the price. We do not mind paying for good food, but this was ok food with very small portions. We ordered a double portion of the appetizer and what we got was the size of one in most places we have been to!

Reviewed April 25, 2017

We arrived at 630 pm to a warm greeting by the owner. Once seated I looked around to observe a relatively small, humbly appointed dining room with a bar on the south wall. Italian music was playing as heard from the speakers in the ceiling over my head. We were asked if drinks were in order and those interested ordered. A few bottles of were also ordered from a limited wine list. Appys included bruschetta and grilled calamari...both delicious. I ordered a caprese salad...again, exquisite. I also ordered the chicken parmesan which is the best I have EVER had. All others were very happy with their mains. After 5 bottles were consumed, coffee was enjoyed, the bill paid and we departed. Service was excellent. Plan on spending 50 buck per person at a minimum (includes drinks). I would eat here every night if possible!

1  Thank Tootsie20
Reviewed April 21, 2017

I am frequently in Mississauga for business, specifically in the area of La Scala Restaurant. I have eaten there several times, and the service has always been stellar! The food is delicious and I have specific requirements for my meals of which they are always willing to accommodate.

I highly recommend this establishment for formal meals and business meals!

Reviewed April 12, 2017

We have just returned from supper at La Scala and felt we had to write a review right away. We are staying at hotel near the airport and were looking for a place to have a nice meal - La Scala looked like a good spot. We were not disappointed. For starters we had a poached pear salad accompanied with arugula, pecans and gorgonzola, in a raspberry vinaigrette, a bowl of homemade minestrone and a baby spinach salad with dried cranberries, and goat cheese with honey balsamic vinaigrette. The main coursel was fabulous - osso buco like mama used to make, the tenderest veal with mushrooms, and a baked chicken breast topped with roasted red pepper, goat cheese in a brandy cream sauce. Our waitress Olympia took very good care of us and made our experience here exceptional. We met the owner Miriam who was just as nice, very proud of her restaurant and also added to an already wonderful evening. We will definitely return to La Scala whenever we're in the area and always when we are in overnight to take a flight out the next day. What a great way to start a vacation!!

Reviewed April 9, 2017

We were taken to La Scala as a "business lunch". As mentioned by many previous reviews this restaurant is tucked away in a business district. Inside is warm and comfortable. We were met and seated by friendly attentive staff. The menu is complete but simple and covers all tastes. Because it was lunch our choices were simple I had the New York strip salad which was very good, my only complaint it would have been nice if the gristle end of the steak had been removed. A number of times I had to remove chewy pieces of gristle from my mouth, not very attractive. The pasta was homemade and good as was the rainbow trout. If we are in the area again would definitely try La Scala for dinner.